Sport Bikes banner
181 - 200 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

this is my 94 zx7, she has polished frame, triple clamp and swingarm, dynojet kit, yoshi carbon exhaust, Ohlins steering damper, Metzler M3's and some other goodies here and there, the other bike is my wifes FZR4/6 hybrid, that has R6 brakes, Ohlins shock, Racetech fork internals, BTO14's, full fiberglass airtech bodywork, 520 conversion with vortex sprockets, the list goes on...and on.....and on.......and on some more.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice, where did you get the Ohlins from?

·
Registered
1 Posts
pics of my 7

After the rebuild. yet another driver thought he was the only one on the planet, wish he was on a planet all by himself. Sprayed british racing green, very happy with results
Bill

·
Riding the "Snot Rocket "
71 Posts
His was my 2001 zx7r with a 2001 R6 subframe and rear plastic.....

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
did the subframe from the R6 go right in? Any modifications, bolting etc? Looks nice

·
Riding the "Snot Rocket "
71 Posts
there was some small mods to the subframe...if you look at the subframe close to the plastic you can see the weld marks...This was my first custom rear....I got a couple of new designs up my sleeve....

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
ohh that is tasty! I love the red! My bike is on its way over to Germany in bits and pieces and I am looking for a new colour.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Monstered Orange Khaos ZX7R

Ok so green and Monster go well but I love Orange. I heard that at one point Kawasaki was toying with the idea of changing from Team Green to Team Orange. I don't think that worked well (why mess with such a successful brand). Anyway I love the new Monster Orange Khaos drinks and since I had an Orange bike.. I just did my own version of what a ZX7R might look like if they really had a Monster version "in Orange". Still playing with it but here she is.

I have a Triumph Sprint ST for touring and this bike is my entry into a street / track styled bike and I am loving tight corners now. I can't challenge her too much on the street so I am moving more and more to the track and yes even some "parking lot" track days to work on my cornering, braking, and overall smoothness.

Hope you like her. First pic is without all the Monster mods other than sides.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I just realized I never posted pics of my bike... all this time...

Here she is, a 1996. Not the best pic, I know. I have since added smaller LED turn signals front and back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Figured since I am registered and asking for help I would put in my 2 cents over here too. Talk about an empty subforum though. I am a member of zxforums where there seems to be a very healthy 7R community.

Anyways, here it is when I got it.

A small sample of the fine quality and care, not the least of the problems mind you.

And here it sits as of today with a clean, undamaged set of ebay fairings applied to her.

Still have to do something about the red pegs and tank sticker. Was going to have the tank painted this year, but I need a tire so its on hold.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Howdy Squidge. Glad to see you made it over here. But I think you did just in time to turn out the lights on this sub-forum.

·
Registered
475 Posts
not done just yet

So I've made some more updates to "Satan's Little Helper" over the past week. Was going to start a build thread on customfighters.com but they don't seem to be allowing new user registrations (or just don't want me to join). And ZXforums won't let my free registration make any posts.... alas....

So I'm here, sticking up some photos in this dead forum. This was phase 1 of the project, which meant getting it operational for as cheaply as possible.

Future phases will flesh out some of the cosmetics such as paint, overflow bottle, different tail, etc, but that's all to come yet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So I've made some more updates to "Satan's Little Helper" over the past week. Was going to start a build thread on customfighters.com but they don't seem to be allowing new user registrations (or just don't want me to join). And ZXforums won't let my free registration make any posts.... alas....

So I'm here, sticking up some photos in this dead forum. This was phase 1 of the project, which meant getting it operational for as cheaply as possible.

Future phases will flesh out some of the cosmetics such as paint, overflow bottle, different tail, etc, but that's all to come yet.
That's a good looking project. Keep the pictures coming.

181 - 200 of 201 Posts