Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Job ended last week.Thought I had a line on a couple of jobs, but didn't happen.So if anybody knows of anything let me know.My experience is in computer support/operator/help desk type stuff.Hey Sal can I be head fry cook? :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Damn Mike, sorry to hear this...my job is not hiring but we may get another headcount in a couple of weeks...I will let you know immediately if it happens.

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bro.I thought I had something lined up.Did the interview and eveything.Then I hear back from the recruiter for the position that the company decided they didn't have the budget for it.I guess it's still a possibility for the future.Oh well I'm signed up for unemployment. :nerd

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
Sorry homie! I mean short of a few hours of "casual help" here and there under the table - I don't have anything. :D

But hey if you get full Unemployment, ENJOY IT! Get lazy get fat and get caught up on sleep.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Red_Devil1469 sorry to hear that! I am a computer programmer in Indiana and I having been doing this for about 9 years now. The last 3 years have been really bad! I have had 7 different jobs in the last 9 years, and none that are my fault. Basically it's just the bad economy here, and down sizing.

Should technical computer people unionize? So this crap doesn't happen, and keep our jobs from going over seas? Corporate America Sucks!

Sorry I am just venting!

Good luck, and I hope you find something soon! :comp

·
Registered
552 Posts
Welcome to my world :urowned

I did nothing but ride my bike all day :fiddy Oh and flip through job ads of course.

Now that my unemployment is up...........I'm S.O.L. :bitchslap

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
I will be unemployed as of Aug. 16th and I can't wait to get out of this prison. Of course I am heading back to school full time and will be working part time. So technically I am not fully unemployed but pretty close.

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks everyone.Yeah I get my last check in 2 weeks and unemployment should start next week.Hey Sal I'm not above some "side work" :D .I'm hoping something will come up soon.I go to the beach in a couple of weeks, so I guess I'll consider this period an "extended" vacation.I just need to get the bike running now.Hopefully a new battery will get it going.Any suggestions on where to get a battery besides the dealer?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Try batteries plus over beside Twin Specialties, they may have the one you need.

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Take your old battery out and go to the parts store with it (Advance or Autozone, or hell, even Wal_mart). If they can't cross reference the correct one, you can match one up that's close enough.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey Red, I know a place that's hiring. It's some helpdesk work at my old company (Cisco Systems). They aren't advertising, everythign is by referal. If you are definitelyt interested pm me so I can get your resume. My wife still works there and can put in a word. Pretty sure I can get you on depending on your skill set.

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey NiCd I would love that job.It is a little,OK more than a little, above my experience level.Hey will they have a battery at WallyWorld that will fit, but the terminals are on the opposite side.The book they have in store for batteries lists one for my bike, but I didn't see it in store.Maybe they can order it for me.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Check the parts stores, and if you have to order it, order through them as well. I'm sure the parts store will have something that will work tho.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Batteries plus will have it at the store, that's all they do there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts