Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about an hour ago i was riding around downtown, colfax for those that know denver, and was doing 15-20mph over the limit. stop at a red light right near the performing arts area and see an unmarked patrol car stop behind me. i have a feeling theres a good chance ill be stopped and sure enough the light turns green and the sex lights turn on.

pull over immediately, bike off, keys out of the ignition, gloves off, and helmet off and in my lap. officer comes up to the window and asks if i know why i was stopped... "yes officer, i was being stupid and going to fast but i dont know exactly how fast i was going." he says thats correct adn he had me on his radar at 51 in a 35. asks for my registration and id and i hand it over. goes back to his car and and runs everything and theres no problems with my id.

comes back to my bike and asks me to step off and im thinking oh shit. then he says he appreciates me being honest and not trying anything stupid like running or having a stolen bike. gives me a bit of a lecture about how speeding downtown is pretty stupid and dangerous and says hes just giving me a verbal warning.

moral of the story, cops can be pretty cool and alot more forgiving if you are honest when stopped.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
he also said me wearing the gear i was (jacket, helmet, gloves) had alot to do with why i was let off. too many idiots around here in flip flops and no brain bucket

·
Registered
936 Posts
"officer comes up to the window and asks if i know why i was stopped..."

:feedback You have a window on your bike? What kind of bike do you have?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I see, I thought maybe you had one of these from motomummy.

"Air Conditioning, Power Windows, 5-Disc CD Changer with Surround Sound, Power Mirror adjustment and Tow Hitch. Leather Upholstery is said to be available on later models.. A convertible version is also in the works."

$40000.00

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see, I thought maybe you had one of these from motomummy.

"Air Conditioning, Power Windows, 5-Disc CD Changer with Surround Sound, Power Mirror adjustment and Tow Hitch. Leather Upholstery is said to be available on later models.. A convertible version is also in the works."

$40000.00
those things are so homorific i wouldnt be caught dead in it

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
oddly enough... everytime ive gotten off a speeding ticket i told the cop i was being an idiot
Ive said that a couple of times & still got the ticket damm your lucky :cheers

·
Registered
977 Posts
I once let go a guy for doing 103 in a 45....guy pulled over, same as above...i made him sweat for a min, then told him it was his lucky day, he asked why and i told him i ride too. We sat and BS'd for a few minutes, and let him go...he was a really happy guy!

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
This one time I was going, like 318 MPH in a 15 and the cop let me off with a warning. Apparently you can't operate aircraft in a Costco parking lot.

j/k

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I once let go a guy for doing 103 in a 45....guy pulled over, same as above...i made him sweat for a min, then told him it was his lucky day, he asked why and i told him i ride too. We sat and BS'd for a few minutes, and let him go...he was a really happy guy!
hahaha thats awesome. im surprised he pulled over, most guys dumb enough to go that fast in a 45 will just go all the way and run. he must have shit a brick when you came up to him on his bike haha

·
Destiny Calls
502 Posts
pull over immediately
This is your first problem. If you need further explanation check fear and loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson, chapter 12.

:edit

Why not, I'll do the leg work for you, I quote...

"Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side when he sees the big red light behind him . . . and then we will start apologizing, begging for mercy.
This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart the thing to do--when you're running along about a hundred or so and you suddenly find a red-flashing CHP-tracker on your trail--what you want to do then is accelerate. Never pull over with the first siren-howl. Mash it down and make the bastard chase you at speeds up to 120 [ed. or faster in your modern sportbike case] all the way to the next exit. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker-signal that says you're about to turn right".... and so on from there... We miss you Hunter.

·
Destiny Calls
502 Posts
This one time I was going, like 318 MPH in a 15 and the cop let me off with a warning. Apparently you can't operate aircraft in a Costco parking lot.

j/k
Scissors, nice man! I didn't know you had a sense of humor. I've always secretly suspected you to be a computer program plugged into SBN to acquire data on sportbikers. With your relentless logic and all. You've got to be about the most logical person on the planet. Nice to see the other side... :cheers You just couldn't let it go with the j/k though huh? =)

·
Apprentice wheelieist
833 Posts
moral of the story, cops can be pretty cool and alot more forgiving if you are honest when stopped.
You mean if you do all those things and are lucky enough to get the one who isn't just an asshole anyway.

Reactions: velophile

·
Registered
278 Posts
History teacher of mine told me that if you admit to breaking the law to a cop, it will be hell to fight in court.

Haven't ever been pulled over on the bike though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts