Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last time i posted last week i said i was buying a bike. well i went and did it. i got a 2005 sv650s. and drove it 230 miles the first day. my ass, hands and arms hurt. well previous to this i had take the msf but never driven a bike on the road with other vehciles just in the parking lot. shit going over 30mph is scary is hell. lol seems a lot faster than in a car. i just got a cheap helmet to start it was a hjc and some joe rocket gloves..and wore my own leather jacket(boy was it hot) well anyways im still alive....atm.

·
Registered
252 Posts
geist said:
i got a 2005 sv650s. and drove it 230 miles the first day.
Welcome to biking! One nitpick: you ride a bike, you don't "drive" it. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well today im feeling like the bike rode me. as i was riding back a lot of bikers waved at me. i didnt wave back cause i didnt feel comfy taking my hand off the handle :D im a pro i know

·
Registered
912 Posts
geist said:
last time i posted last week i said i was buying a bike. well i went and did it. i got a 2005 sv650s. and drove it 230 miles the first day. my ass, hands and arms hurt. well previous to this i had take the msf but never driven a bike on the road with other vehciles just in the parking lot. shit going over 30mph is scary is hell. lol seems a lot faster than in a car. i just got a cheap helmet to start it was a hjc and some joe rocket gloves..and wore my own leather jacket(boy was it hot) well anyways im still alive....atm.
the pain will subside the more you ride, as will the sensation of going faster than you do in your car. An easy way to get over that second one is to look further down the road. the further your eyes are ahead of you the better, and the more 'normal' riding at speed will feel.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
geist said:
Congrats and welcome! Try to ease up on the grip on the bars, too tight of a grip will make your hands go numb or just plain hurt. I find myself doing it only when I'm going over grooved pavement now.

Be sure to get some quality gear. Consider getting a Shoei or an Arai for your primary helmet and keep the HJC as a spare. Get a good jacket and boots that go over your ankle. Jackets that are made for motorcycling have protected armor, have thicker leather and are more contoured for riding.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats on your first bike, how are you enjoying the sv650s so far? I have always liked these bikes and am considering getting a sv650 down the road.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ty. i havent ridden it since yesterday. i feel beat to death lol. my arms are really hurting i guess from my deathgrip on the bars. and the inside of my thighs hurts too. i dont know maybe i was squeezing bike between my legs or something. but im looking forward to riding it again. i need to get a jacket first though. my regular jacket just wasnt ment for this. i took a couple pics.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on the bike it looks good

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
geist said:
Just wait till you got big tits resting on your back, its horrid the next day..horrid I say, unless you get to play with em, then the pain goes away fast.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Nice looking bike. Those bikes look sweet with the lower fairings on them. I'm thinking about picking one up myself. Either that or the 1000. Time to go with a twin.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
sweet ride, yeah take a couple days off you'll feel better soon enough.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
beowulf2k said:
No Rascus No!!!! don't go to the darkside!
:lol Why do you say that?

Sorry but the low rumble for the twin is a strong force

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Nice set of wheels man! I love that quasi-exposed look! Do they even sell fairings for those separately or are they always somewhat naked?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i came across these once they look pretty cool...when i get better i might put something lik this on

1 - 19 of 19 Posts