Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sat. night around 9:00

There are 5 of us going for a ride to pick up some guys wife. I figure what the hell, a nice change of scene..I'll go for the ride.
We stop at a McDonalds for about 10 minutes.
We pull out and I get stuck at a red light with another bike. Light turns green and I jump on it for a second or two. The other guy was GOOOOOooooone. So on come the blue lights in back of us.
The other guy is no where to be seen and the cop flies by me in persuit. About 5 min. later the cop comes back around and pulls over the rest of us. Of course he wants to know who the guy on the gixxer was that ran. I had no idea...no one knew.
Story ends with me getting a ticket. Said I was doing 60 in a 35 zone.
$125 ticket...I am going to fight it though.

That made for a shitty night.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Night=dark=harder to see the cops=don't push it.

On what basis are you going to fight this?

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RayOSV said:
On what basis are you going to fight this?
That he was clocking the other bike that got away from him it was going so fast.

The 3 other guys said they would be willing to come to court with me. I just can't let this go on my record.

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
maybe he radared you while he was flying past you. lol

i heard cops usually dont show up for speeding tickets and the case is throw out. good luck

·
Registered
791 Posts
u can easily win and get a free lawyer for a lil extra protective cushioning. You dont need all your friends to show up just have them hand write their Factual statements. Remember to have your friends tell how sometimes when riding you just meet up with other bikers and go riding.

If you were speeding he would/should of pulled you over then and there instead of going for someone else.

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jluu6r said:
maybe he radared you while he was flying past you. lol

i heard cops usually dont show up for speeding tickets and the case is throw out. good luck
That's how it is in Mass.

NC is a little different though. I have maybe like 2 good possible choices.
I'm going to call the courthouse tomorrow to ask some questions.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I'll save the would have should have speech, but next time a cop chases a guy you were riding with, it's time for you to disappear in the other direction and not hang around for him to come back and take out his sour luck on you.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
shooda kept up with yer brutha and be whislin dixie all the way to the next big mac! The cop will prolly see a donut shop and forget all about the speedy bikes and opt in for the 'onut n jo! :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
743 Posts
bugeyed said:
I'll save the would have should have speech, but next time a cop chases a guy you were riding with, it's time for you to disappear in the other direction and not hang around for him to come back and take out his sour luck on you.
^ He is right. It should get thrown out anyway; if the cop lost sight of you chasing the other bike, how is he to be sure he pulled over the same bike that he passed unless he had your plate #. Good Luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts