Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drag racers and those interested in drag racing...........WELCOME!

This is your location to post questions, comments, information, educate others, be educated or just hang out and chat. Everyone is WELCOME!

So let's get this forum rollin' the right way. DRAG RACERS & people interested in motorcycle drag racing please SOUND OFF!

Late!

Johnny

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on peeps. How hard is it to add to this thread to see who the drag racers are!

Or does the Starter own you ...........Loser!

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
we dont do it leagal most of the time but on occasions we do

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dennisred69 said:
we dont do it leagal most of the time but on occasions we do

Hell.............Been there done that in 1983, 1984 & 1985. :banned

But the track is where it is at! GREAT JOB ALL! Let's keep this roll call rollin'. BTW, if you want to add anything related...........SHOOT FROM THE HIP! :ar

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hoping to run the strip soon, weather has been conspiring against me since the bike has brakes again. I'd love to live where there's more than one drag strip within 100 miles!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SVBeest said:
Hoping to run the strip soon, weather has been conspiring against me since the bike has brakes again. I'd love to live where there's more than one drag strip within 100 miles!

Here in Socal............We are hopefully returning to the days past. Currently, we have 3 drag strips in operation. 2 of which are 1/4 mile and 1 being an 1/8th mile track.

CALIFORNIA DRAGWAY
LA COUNTY RACEWAY
IRWINDALE DRAG STRIP

I have heard that we may have another 1/8th mile track soon to be built in RIVERSIDE, CA.. We are also awaiting the completion, if it happens, of the 1/4 mile track in BANNING, CA.

That will make 5 within 125 miles of each other.

Ride Well!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check out us on the web. About Heads-up drag racing class comming to the Arizona 1/8th Mile Drag Racing Give it a look and tell us what you think...thanks Azgrudgeracing.com

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Ok, someone tell me what to do here. There's an 1/8 mile drag at Qualcomm every month right next to me. I'd like to take my bikes there just for the hell of it, but they're set up for trackday use. What do I need, not necessarily to be competitive, but to avoid killing myself and preferably to not look like a total fool?

What I know:

- Leathers, etc. requirements; all covered.
- I should do a dry burnout by going around the water box and backing up?
- Basic riding position, weight forward, legs OUTSIDE pegs with inside of toes touching ground?

What I don't know:

- What should I practice to be able to do a burnout on demand in front of an audience?
- Kind of connected to that, what is traction going to be like? Super sticky, like a whole different world, or just "real good"?
- Tire pressures for typical sticky sport tires? (BT-003RS or the like)
- The Buell is a mid-10 second bike in the right hands, the BMW is a low 10/high 9. What does that translate to in terms of trap speed/gear on a 1/8 mile track?
- The BMW talks about optimum launch rpm being like 9K!!! I'll kill myself. What's a "reasonable" newbie approach to launching the bike with myself still attached?
- Is strapping the bike a basic requirement or a performance tweak?
- Any recommended videos or links to assist?

Tx!

KeS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts