Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ignored it at first but its getting more often and I thought maybe some of you might know what the heck is wrong.... ?

When I first noticed this, I was on the freeway and the dash lights all turned off (as if I turned the ignition off) and came right back on. The motor was still running perfectly fine.

This morning, when I went to turn the key on, dash just didn't respond but I was able to turn on the motor just fine... I cut it off and turned it on a few times but all it did was the 'background light' turned on with the screen blank.. once I got on the bike while motor running and was about to roll, it was either when I kicked up the kick stand or I dropped it to first gear, everything turned on.

This is not affecting the mechanicals of the bike whats so ever.

Anybody have an idea??????

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
first thought would be a faulty/loose connector.
or the display could be faulty.
check connectors first, see if that helps, then move to the component itself.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
first thought would be a faulty/loose connector.
or the display could be faulty.
check connectors first, see if that helps, then move to the component itself.
Will do. Any specifics? like by check the connections, do you mean to just make sure everything is plugged in correctly?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
plugged in, wires not pulling out the back, not corroded, wires not rubbing on something and wearing threw insulation (more likely if you had a short), no mould infested mouse nests, you get the idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts