Sport Bikes banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up with this weather, all kinds of weird stuff is happening, the whole country is in a heat wave, we have had massive amounts of hurricanes, not to mention tornadoes and severe thunderstorms in our area, now there is some weird dust cloud that is gonna cover FL.......this is all messed up. mabe its a sign that the world is gonna end soon?!?!?! :2eek lol, jk

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KoLRaNcH said:
I wonder how many homeless people have died...
im not sure, i bet its enough to hurt all the crack dealers' buisness :eek:nfloor

(around here every homeless person i have ever seen has asked me if i knew where to get "rock" at :rolleyes )......except for the one who must of found it already, b/c he was running full boar down the middle of the street yelling "jesus is coming!!! and im satan!!!" :eek:nfloor

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
i keep telling everyone that the earth is getting closer and closer to the sun due to instability. The earth started out balanced, then we started moving millions and billions of tons of earth and minerals around to different parts of it. Think of the earth as a wheel without an axle, if you get a wheel off balance itll wobble, without a solid axle it will wobble off course. This explains the haet and extreme cold of the last few winters. MARK MY WORDS!!! this will NOT get better, the earth will continue its path going further out away fron the sun during winter and moving closer during the summer. Not to preach relegion but i believe that it is mentioned somewhere in a black book that the earth will be consumed by fire from heaven. Wouldnt that be the defenition of the results of comming too close to the sun? Eventually it will get SO hot outside that people will not be able to work outdoors, then the air conditioning will become inneffective as the heat transfer will be too great for anything but a commercial unit. Then i think people will resort to moving subterrainian, then once the earth's cycle gets the sun within range to actually superheat the earth any life on earth will cease to exist be it aquatic or subterrainian....I will bet you that within the next 5 years the tempature will reach mid 100's in the southern region and never be below 90 until winter. At which time it will snow in Florida. MARK MY WORDS....hey call me crazy but ill bet my last dollar that its going to happen JUST like that....anyone up for a bet?

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Actually if you knew anything about how the solar system worked you would know that the earth does wobble in its rotation around the sun. I think its something like every twenty three years or something like that but it is how we end up with the houses of the zodiac. Some years we are pointed in a slightly different angle bringing the constelations to the right view and so forth.

There are plenty of reasons for extreme weather. This is the first time that its happened and wont be the last time it happens.

The problem is that only in the last 100 years have we had the technology advance far enough to semi understand and record things like this so it seems new to us. In a few lifetimes it will be understood as a natural cycle of things.

·
Registered
376 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
(around here every homeless person i have ever seen has asked me if i knew where to get "rock" at :rolleyes )......except for the one who must of found it already, b/c he was running full boar down the middle of the street yelling "jesus is coming!!! and im satan!!!" :eek:nfloor
:lao

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
The funny thing is though is that we are breaking records daily for the heat, rain and storms. Records dating back 100's of years. Hell the last record was the last hurricane that was a Cat4 in july. The last time that happened was the 1800's and before that was in the dinosaur days. HMMM

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Hoop it up, were all going to die. This summer to me seems just like all the rest. Hot humid and disgusting. Winters cold and bitter. Little seems to change according to my records.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
check your records again dude, and im not a relegious nutjob i was stating it. If the world ends tomorrow i wont regret a thing. Im not scared, i just wish i'd have had a chance to see my lil girl grow up. Other than that it can end tomorrow, hell it'd be a nice change of pace to not have to wake up tomorrow for work.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
The 97-degree high on Monday was one degree short of the record for the date of 98. (Weather records go back to 1948 at Roanoke Regional Airport, formerly Woodrum Field. Lynchburg's records go back farther, and they show highs well over 100 in 1934, with a record high of 104 for today ... so that suggests that it was also likely much hotter in Roanoke back in 1934)
SOURCE : http://www.roanoke.com/weather/

Friday's snow brought our total snowfall for the winter to 40 inches. Last winter we had 42.6 inches of snow and 49.3 inches of snow fell two years ago. This is the first time since the winter of 1869-70, when weather records began in Central Park, that the city has had three consecutive years with at least 40 inches of snow. While this is a "record" in some sort of way it is not very meaningful. Over the past quarter century Central Park has been averaging ten inches less snow a year than in the late-19th century. That's Madison Avenue near 50th St. after the blizzard of 1888 above
SOURCE:http://www.gothamist.com/archives/2005/03/15/we_set_a_record_a_broken_record.php

Across Midwest regions the drought is taking on epic proportions. Rainfall in Iowa's Quad Cities is so low that it rivals the Dust Bowl years of the 1930s, according to statistics. In Kansas City, where temperatures were expected to hover near 100 through Monday, officials urged citizens to stay hydrated. Even the Kansas City Zoo is making sure its more than 900 animals have shade and water-misters.
SOURCE:http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0725/p03s01-ussc.html

Since record keeping began in 1871, Denver has reached 100° or higher 54 times. Wednesday was the 55th time that occurred, said 24/7 Meteorologist Scott Mace.

Other records that were broken on Wednesday:
Pueblo 106°
Colorado Springs 97°
Yuma 104° so far
Burlington 104° so far
SOURCE:http://www.thedenverchannel.com/weather/4746329/detail.html

Record heat kills 3 men
Homeless, low-income residents especially at risk

Judi Villa and Jack Gillum
The Arizona Republic
Jul. 18, 2005 12:00 AM

Three Phoenix men were found dead in a three-hour stretch over the weekend, and police say they likely succumbed to the heat.

All three men were homeless, a group that is particularly at risk when the mercury spikes to record highs. And with an excessive-heat warning in effect again today from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., it could get worse for the homeless, senior citizens and low-income residents who can't afford air-conditioning.

Sunday's high temperature was 116 degrees, 9 degrees above normal and topping the record 114-degree heat in 1936. Today's high could hit 115.
SOURCE:http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0718heatdeaths18.html

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Day After Tomorrow

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Reckless01 said:
check your records again dude, and im not a relegious nutjob i was stating it.
Sorry, I wasn't implying that you were, I was just speculating the impact the hot weather must be having on revival nights in Evangelical churches all across the land. The hot weather is the "sign" that the end is near lol

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
Sorry Bugeyed, i wasnt snappin at ya bro.

·
Registered
177 Posts
you'd have to be blind to not notice what's going on. i'd say we're in for some serious changes in the near future. i believe in the Bible, but i'm not saying that the end of the world is coming or anything. i'm just saying that obviously something is amiss. but if the end is coming, let's live it up boys! (and especially girls)

-i'm off to do wheelies.

·
Registered
464 Posts
yup, here in alberta's been pretty crazy too. severe thunderstorms are pretty much a weekly thing (well..weekendly thing anyways :X ). before this year, we NEVER got thunderstorms (and I mean never..), or rain. but now we just can't get rid of it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts