Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Looks like a two wheel riding lawnmower. What were they thinking?

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Looks like a two wheel riding lawnmower. What were they thinking?
Scooters are big business in Italy, enough so that they'll put real technology into them. So what they're thinking is that there are lots of people in their market that can't afford much more than a scooter, but who want the coolest sportiest thing within their budget/tax bracket/available parking, and this is it. That thing is freaking fast for a 70cc scooter; with a few kit bits it'll do about 80, handles great, and is really fun to ride. Don't diss the scoot if you haven't ridden them.

PhilB

·
Registered
208 Posts
I saw a video somewhere about a year ago with people drag racing those 2 stroke 50's in Europe somewhere. They get them tuned out and running pretty quick.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Scooters are big business in Italy, enough so that they'll put real technology into them. So what they're thinking is that there are lots of people in their market that can't afford much more than a scooter, but who want the coolest sportiest thing within their budget/tax bracket/available parking, and this is it. That thing is freaking fast for a 70cc scooter; with a few kit bits it'll do about 80, handles great, and is really fun to ride. Don't diss the scoot if you haven't ridden them.

PhilB
Not dissing the technology, just the look. Check the pic again and tell me the front of that thing does not look like the hood from a front engine riding mower.

You can put all the tech in it you want, that thing is ugly to me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess...

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Not dissing the technology, just the look. Check the pic again and tell me the front of that thing does not look like the hood from a front engine riding mower.

You can put all the tech in it you want, that thing is ugly to me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess...
OK, so the plastics are a bit over the top; that's fixable. OTOH, check out the triangulated trellis frame and the cool single-sided hub-center-steering front end. That's cool stuff.

PhilB

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts

·
Apprentice wheelieist
833 Posts
Aside from scooters being just unnerving to take around corners at speed, they're pretty cool. I rode one for a while in Italy. It was fastish. Those cheap bastards gave me a helmet with no frickin face shield though. A full face helmet, minus the shield. Yeah, I nearly went blind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts