Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm up for a rosy sniffing pace. Anyone else? Saturday and/or Sunday.

DREAMS? you wanna post up the usual routine here? I have a rehearsal Saturday morning, and then potentially sunday, but I don't know what time yet. Worst case, I could meet up with a group somewhere.

My suggestion, instead of going to Eureka, we head out to Huntsville or Jasper. I know a nice quaint place to eat in Hunstville, but I've never been to Jasper. I'm sure there is something similar. That way, we avoid all the Hwy 62 traffic. Just a thought.

Weather Report

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am up for it. Only thing is saturday is the Action Honda poker run. I was planning on doing that on saturday.
Are you guys game for that? Otherwise I am up for whatever.
Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok,

I have rehearsal on Saturday, and I usually get out on or before 1pm. But Sunday I'm open.

tell me more about this poker run? and would they shoot me if i show up on my Suzi?

Airbox, isn't Branson a little far? how many miles?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I meant a different time for the Branson trip. Maybe summer or sometime where we have some free time to plan it. It's about an hour and a half ride, ill need to get a new seat for the CBR. :fiddy

·
Registered
42 Posts
SaloSV said:
Ok,
tell me more about this poker run? and would they shoot me if i show up on my Suzi?

Check out www.actionhonda.net

I have never been on one but my friends who have gone in the past say its basically just a big group ride. Its by no means a only honda thing.
I honestly may or may not be going. I may end up working in the ER saturday morning.

airbox said:
ill need to get a new seat for the CBR.
LOL

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
EDIT: This ride is for Sunday, 4/9... not 3/whateveriputupthere.

Alright, here is my suggestion:

8am muster at Kennedy's Coffee (or some other place), leave at 8:30, 8:45 sharp.

Hwy 12 to 127 cutoff to Clifty.
Go South on 23/127 and go thru Huntsville
Go East on 74 (Lost Highway) and take the 21 cuttoff
Go North on 43 and connect back to 74
head East to Jasper for lunch!

Return option 1:
same way we came

Return option 2:
From Jasper, Hwy 7 South
grab 16 West until we get to Fayetteville.

or

hook up 23 North going back thru Huntsville
take the 12/127 loop home.

not sure how long it will take, but if we get started early, we'll definitely be ready to call it a day.

bring water and snacks, you'll need it. this is a fairly aggressive loop length wise, and might take us all day. but it will be well worth it in the end.

so get yer lazy asses up and lets ride!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've been on a couple poker runs and they are alot of fun. They usually are not limited to just a specific manufacturer. I ran one from Wheeler Kawasaki here in Fort Smith and out of 150 bikes I was 1 of 3 sportbikes. I like to do things a little different so I ran the route backwards. 80% of the riders went one way and the rest of us went the other, it was fun.
I'll be up in Fayettville on Sat and probably Sun. but I'm riding 2 up. Taking 71 north to Fayettville for lunch with her around 4pm or so. You guys will probably be done by then but there will be lots of other occassions I can meet up with you guys.
Ride safe.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I got plans with someone (2-up plans haha) as well on Sat so I wont be able to go anywhere real far.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
ThePowerOfDreams said:
Salo, Im game mang!
ah HA! :dblthumb I new one of you would be down.

well dreams, its looking like it might be just the two of us. that is, unless you know of a few locals. i'm new here.

I'll post up on the SV1000 forum and see what happens.

EDIT: Just to confirm, this is for Sunday 4/9. see the edit on the route suggestion.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
You damn straight I have been playing my TT game, im bustin some ass on my 250cc scooter! Until I get a new job, I wont be able to join you guys on any group rides, so in the meantime Ill just light my ps2 up.

·
Registered
342 Posts
*bursts into song* "KrayZ sucks, he really really sucks, KrayZ sucks, his job does really suck!"... *and so on*

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
man, i hope you guys were getting laid, cuz thats about the only thing better than my ride today.

240 miles almost on the money, and some of the most beautiful roads I've ever seen. for those of you who haven't hit hwy 16 east of 23, you must my child... you MUST! make nothing else a priority until you do that. then you can say you have lived.

Hooked up with Dreams late late late in the day, making the home stretch quite fun. Dreams you're a good dood. i like your attitude brother. that guy who tagged along was a little quick for the street. it was good to see you kept your head about you. i'll ride with you anytime.

as for the rest of you... well, i don't have to say it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
SaloSV said:
Hooked up with Dreams late late late in the day, making the home stretch quite fun. Dreams you're a good dood. i like your attitude brother. that guy who tagged along was a little quick for the street. it was good to see you kept your head about you. i'll ride with you anytime.

Likewise man, and it was good to finally meet you. Keep me informed with the next weekend ride, that way I can plan to stay in (or at least get home early) saturday night so I can get up for Sunday. LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts