Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe its just me and few friends here, but I always catch myself reading up on the weather before the day starts. I don't really want to bring my bike out in the rain, namely for comfort/safety reasons, but also getting the bike dirty from water on the road that gets kicked up by other vehicles.

Anybody else do this or is it just me?

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
I always check the weather before a ride. Most of my rides are pretty long so I like a heads up on the ever changing weather here in MI.

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
I usually read it like every other day. Good site.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I check it from time to time, but they are never right. Most of the time even the current conditions are wrong for my town.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
So what if it rains.........ride the bike,that's why you bought it.

The only time I check the weather is early spring and late fall to make sure I'm not going to get caught in a snow storm.

·
Registered
149 Posts
yes, I was hoping this topic would come up. I have religiously looked at weather.com for weather updates. In the past few weeks it has been worthless. It is usually off for my area. It doesnt give accurate info for the current situations. Typically it will say something like 30% chance of rain. Or it will say rain all day. Then usually it will be the most beautiful day out. I dont mind riding in the rain but I'm just starting out and dont want to worry about grease spots making me the drop the bike. With that said, I have switched over to www.accuweather.com. Weather.com you are officially off my favorites list. All those pop ups I've endured with your site were all in vain

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
weatherbug.com - and the weather is always on my toolbar...or whatever that thing is called....

·
Registered
706 Posts
I try to keep a heads up on the weather so I can leave a little earlier (on my commute) if it looks like rain, or so I know to have a change of pants/socks with me. Unless it is a very, very heavy downpour, then I'll drive.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
killahant said:
All those pop ups I've endured with your site were all in vain
PC? Stop using Internet Explorer and start using Mozilla Firefox. No Active X support, no pop-ups. Great browser for just browsing around the net safely. :)

Anyway, going back to topic: I also check out the local reports here before I ride. Weather.com does suck and hardly accurate, esp. for the 10-day outlook. The days after a week out are completely a guess, IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts