Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Home » Local & State Printer-Friendly Version
E-Mail This Article

Published Wednesday, July 14, 2004
LAKELAND

Motorcyclist Dies In 2-Vehicle Crash

A motorcyclist was killed Tuesday night in a two-vehicle crash north of Lakeland, the Florida Highway Patrol reported.

Jason S. Rex, 18, of Lakeland, was killed when the Honda XP9R motorcycle he was driving crashed into a Ford F150 truck driven by Andrew N. Crum, 19, of Lakeland, about 7:30 p.m. The accident happened at Park-Byrd Road and Mini Ranch Road west of U.S. 98, troopers said.

Crum, who was wearing a seat belt, was not injured.

The FHP report said Crum, whose truck was heading south on Park Byrd Road, attempted to turn left into a driveway while Rex's northbound motorcycle approached.

Rex was unable to stop and tried to avoid the truck by putting the bike on its side, the report said.

But the motorcycle slid into the truck's right front corner.

Rex was not wearing a helmet, the FHP report said.

The report said charges are pending in the crash.

·
Banned
86 Posts
uuummmm....didnt say what the cause of the death actually was.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
RIP brother....so young :(

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
We don't know the whole story on the situation. Hate the paper. Never give all the facts. Supposedly the kid had only been riding two weeks. We all know how cagers pull out in front of us all the time. I kind of wonder if more experience would have been the difference here?

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Naughty76 said:
We don't know the whole story on the situation. Hate the paper. Never give all the facts. Supposedly the kid had only been riding two weeks. We all know how cagers pull out in front of us all the time. I kind of wonder if more experience would have been the difference here?
Along with a lid! Supposedly it was head trauma

·
Registered
52 Posts
i will not say what the cause of death was, but i did talk to a friend that was there and all i can say is wear your helmets!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
You know as i have stated before and many of you have concurred Lakeland is infested with helmetless riders. Everyday I see guys gunning their sportbikes without a lid....or even worse with a girl on the back without a lid....or even worse with a girl on the back without a lid with two lids on the helmet locks.....ok I am ranting. My prayers are with his family and friends and especially his soul but this is yet another death in recent months that may have been avoided. what a waste.

·
Registered
235 Posts
redvtwin2 said:
You know as i have stated before and many of you have concurred Lakeland is infested with helmetless riders. Everyday I see guys gunning their sportbikes without a lid....or even worse with a girl on the back without a lid....or even worse with a girl on the back without a lid with two lids on the helmet locks.....ok I am ranting. My prayers are with his family and friends and especially his soul but this is yet another death in recent months that may have been avoided. what a waste.
Always helmets and jackets when we ride. We have kids that we want to come home to every night.

·
Registered
438 Posts
RIP ... Damn wear that gear people...

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Why would anyone EVER not want to wear a helmet??? I can't comprehend this. It's NOT cool, it's NOT safe, you get shit on your face and your eyes while riding... etc.

What is it? Not enough money for a lid? I don't get it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts