Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went mountain biking with my friend today and decided to pull some stunting while we waited on another friend to meet us. i rode some wheelies and thought i'd try a rolling stoppie. i got going, leaned forward and grabbed a hand full of brake. it got the back end up in the air, i rolled about a foot and then for some reason it just totally endoed over. i caught myself on my feet but just had to go to the ground. needless to say i caught myself with my hands and got a couple little scratches on the palms. dont worry! i'm ok though.

moral of the story kids...wear your gear when stunting anything. :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Good thing you weren't wearing clipless pedals... a buddy of mine tried a wheelie while clipped in and WOOMP, right on his ass, bike on top of him :D

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
This is funny.

My friend and I were doing the same kind of stuff on Saturday. I almost bit it a few times. He came VERY close to falling while attempting a stoppie...hahaha

·
Pre-register sex offender
1,091 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
This is funny.

My friend and I were doing the same kind of stuff on Saturday. I almost bit it a few times. He came VERY close to falling while attempting a stoppie...hahaha

i flipped it a buncha times, but i wasnt doing any rolling ones, so i would just kinda flip over the front but still land on my feet.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yea I 2nd trying wheelies with clipless pedals - don't, it hurts. How long can you guys ride a wheelie on a MB? Think the farthest I got was around 100ish feet, its hard to keep it in the balance point.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Found a pic of me 2 years ago over the summer pullin a wheelie on my cousin's top quality walmart mountain bike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gixxer_Six2003 said:
Word of advice, you dont have to lean forward to stoppie a mountain bike. They roll stoppies much better while sitting on the seat.
thats probably why it flipped. not enough weight on the back

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
Yea I 2nd trying wheelies with clipless pedals - don't, it hurts. How long can you guys ride a wheelie on a MB? Think the farthest I got was around 100ish feet, its hard to keep it in the balance point.
6 blocks with 2 hands. a block with 1 hand.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used to be able to wheelie for eternity on my BMX bike, but I'm not too good on the mountain bike. I'll have to start practicing, lol

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
All that matters is that your ok.. and you had fun!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I can't wheelie very far on my MTB.... maybe 15 feet or so. I need to try to do it while apply'n the rear brake from time to time so as to slow myself down and not hit my rev limiter. :)

Anyway, I've completely dumpped MTB stoppies before. My Trek 4900 has disc brakes, so it's pretty good for stoppies, but like you, I leaned too far forward, with my feet in the pedal cages. Ouch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts