Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Cool beans! Maybe road racing in America can get back on track now that they have people who know moto racing in charge again.

Reactions: acalliste

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Wayne Rainey...AKA KRAVE is backed by Dorna. :)

Hopefully it will go back to SBK rules.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Best news I've heard in a long time. Now hopefully they can either get more factory involvement or keep it entirely privateer. Otherwise if it stays the way it's been Yamaha will continue to dominate as long as they're the only ones putting money into it.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I wonder if Honda will come back? As a Factory

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Rules are more likely to mirror BSB. Ezpeleta has said that that would be the direction he would envision all national series to be going in.

Reactions: Shamrock627

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
Rules are more likely to mirror BSB. Ezpeleta has said that that would be the direction he would envision all national series to be going in.
Either way getting the series out of DMG hands can only be good. They did what in AMA pro...5 races this year? May as well call it AMA poor.

Reactions: OldSchlPunk

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
5 rounds, 10 races.

BSB regs will be inline with the new WSBK rules which means people will be able to do wildcards regularly with their AMA spec bikes.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Either way getting the series out of DMG hands can only be good. They did what in AMA pro...5 races this year? May as well call it AMA poor.
They never recovered from the damage that Roger Edmondson did in the first several weeks. Jim France really wanted to make it work but it seems that too often car ideas were pushed into the series, bikes (and bike people) aren't cars.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
They never recovered from the damage that Roger Edmondson did in the first several weeks. Jim France really wanted to make it work but it seems that too often car ideas were pushed into the series, bikes (and bike people) aren't cars.
You knew it was fucked when the winner of Daytona couldn't get sponsors to keep his team running a full season.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
While it's waaaaaay to early to jump for joy, I can smile knowing DMG is leaving.

Now let's wait and see what the series will look like next year.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Just dumping that Nascrap, DMG outfit and actually getting back to racing instead of rolling billboards is a good step.

DMG was in the advertising business, not racing, as evident of their lousy racing product

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Rumor has it that the 200 may be dead.

NASCAR had nothing to do with DMG. DMG is Jim France, the same family but he really had nothing to do with NASCAR. DMG had previously been involved with the road race series. That's the car influence.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Wayne Rainey is a class act. The way he handled the whole COTA mess was more than enough for me to gain even more respect for the man.

Just because it's Wayne's deal now I'll be going to as many races I can afford to go to and still do track days!

This is great news!

At this rate maybe by the time Mark Marquez is done killing everyone in MotoGP, we'll have an American rider with skills enough to take his place.....

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
This has a lot of potential but we need to take a step back and wait until more comes out. There has been no announcement yet as to what their plan is. It is going to take a hell of a sell job to get Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki to get back on board, much less any other manufacturer. Then there are all of the advertisers (former and prospective), teams, tracks, promoters, and fans.

I'm guessing they have already reached out to many of these people to start laying out their plan. Time is of the essence, budgets start getting pretty firm by the 1st of October.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts