Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Damnit Blade, put SPOILER in the title... (if that's the case)

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Haha....yeah since it's already been spoiled....I'd really like to see some details on what exactly was going on with Rossi's front end during those last few laps, I guess the left side of that tire was just dead. I mean that is a very left sided track....10 lefts and 4 rights, and the rights are just short rights too. But it looked like something was going on with his front suspension as well, didn't look like it was completely the tire's fault.

Anyone got the MotoGP.com link to this race for download yet? I'm trying to collect them all from this season.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ya what they said Hayden with his second podium finish in two races. He is starting to come on. Hell he even passed the Dr.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Strange race today with all those crashes. Nicky just keeps improving.

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
96SNAKE/03RR said:
Strange race today with all those crashes. Nicky just keeps improving.
no shit, man. Did you see melandri's highside? He mustve flown 100 feet thru the air.

·
Registered
217 Posts
:mad: Damnit put spoiler in the title then add your "way to go max" in the subject. I was just scrolling through the forum and now know who won just from your title.

Wes

·
Registered
304 Posts
Guess there's no need to watch this race now...

Maybe not put the winner's name in the title next time? It's pretty obvious what it means.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had to record it this afternoon, just got done watching it. Glad I watched it before I saw this thread.

The gf came over so I didn't see why rossie droped from 2nd to like 6th place all the sudden, what happend?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
His front tire had 0 traction left on the left side of it. He was losing the front end every time he exited a corner, he rode to finish the race, and he dropped to 4th, not 6th.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hayden is defintely improving, but you have to consider the fact that both his podium finishes came in races where atleast 2 people in the front group crashed out (Gibernau/Rossi in Rio; Gibernau, Checa, Capirossi in Germany). Look at Edwards though, talk about consistent...Great race today, wish the whole thing had been as exciting as that first lap.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
At least this race was a little more competitive than the 250cc race. 1st - 2nd = 8seconds. 1st - 3rd = 15+ seconds. Talk about a lopsided race.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I am amazed. For once, Biaggi didn't blow it in his normal, spectacular fashion whenever he gets into a passing match with Rossi. He must have been having a real off day.

Two races in a row, Sete. Get your front end issues worked out, man, and get them worked out for Britain! I want you to win this! And to top it off, you need to be in front of Biaggi and Rossi to pull it off in the next couple of races!

I think Factory Honda lit a fire under Nicky's ass. Since Barros is apparently their lead rider and Nicky is the rookie, he has to really prove himself to be a contender by the end of this season so he can have a shot at the title next year. He's moved progressively up through the ranks so it shows his comfort level with the RCV is improving.

Don't know what's up with Colin. Very consistent and his performance has been solid. I hope Telefonica will extend him another season or two. I think his adjustment to the RCV has been tough and his experience will shine through in the end. Unlike poor Troy Bayliss who's GP career is in doubt. Unfortunately, this is not Ducati's sandbox like WSB is and they are down on performance.

Some nasty crashes. That's the most bikes I've seen go down in a dry race in GP in a long while. Just when I thought it was going to be a two-way battle between Gibernau and Rossi, Biaggi had to find some brass and mess with my hopes. As long as he's third in the championship, I will be happy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The Red Raider said:
Hayden is defintely improving, but you have to consider the fact that both his podium finishes came in races where atleast 2 people in the front group crashed out (Gibernau/Rossi in Rio; Gibernau, Checa, Capirossi in Germany). Look at Edwards though, talk about consistent...Great race today, wish the whole thing had been as exciting as that first lap.
Don't ba a Hayden-hater dude........ :spank Just kidding.

If I remember correctly, last race Hayden was already in front of Sete/Rossi when they crashed out. He had a bad start position this race but was really on the move towards the front when those couple people crashed and would have got up there anyways.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Here is the race!

....images.motograndprix.com/multimedia2/288/288918.wmv...

just take out the dots and add an http:// in the front

1 - 20 of 33 Posts