Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out today and decided to buy better wax for my bike. Before today I used the TurtleWax that is available everywhere. TurtleWax works alright, but i bought Mothers Carnauba solid wax. it is amazing stuff. i gave my bike a showroom finish.
i use a cargo net on the back and the plastic clips left smudges that would not come off from washing or turtlewaxing. mothers removed everything and i can see myself in every panel. i would recommend it to anyone waxing their bike.
i used barely anything out of the can and it only cost 10 bucks at pep boys. i'd imagine it will still be good for another year or two.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Thanks for the tip! Having owned my bike just over w eek, I have not waxed it yet. Must be a tough wax, what with all the angles and curves of the bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've always wanted to try Zymol wax on my bike because it smells AWESOME. I know it's silly but hey, whatever. However, the label cautions against using it on graphics and decals (maybe because it would scratch them?). Anyone used Zymol products on their bike?

That spray-on stuff looks pretty sweet though, thanks ejworthen. I may have to try that instead.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the mothers wax smells really good too. both mother's and meguiars make a spray on shine, but they only shine, they don't remove spots and stuff.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
They spray-on S100 will take dirt off and fingerprints and other stuff. Has both carnuba and beeswax. I guess nothing is as good as actually waxing the bike but I love this stuff.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've been using the honda spray cleaner & polish and It works great! It's similar to the S100. I went with it after reading some post here that said others liked it better than the S100. I haven't tried S100 so can't compare. Also, be carefull not to over do the mother's carnuba wax. It removed some of those marks because it has an agent that works like a polishing (rubbing) compount. I used it often for a few years on my truck and it cut through the clearcoat.

Attachments

·
WYPIWYG
497 Posts
$100 sounds like alot for can of cleaner/wax. Don't ya think?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wash it, then wipe it off, then ride it. Haven't entered it into any bike shows yet, so maybe I will wax it then...............jk

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RamCutter said:
I've been using the honda spray cleaner & polish and It works great! It's similar to the S100. I went with it after reading some post here that said others liked it better than the S100. I haven't tried S100 so can't compare. Also, be carefull not to over do the mother's carnuba wax. It removed some of those marks because it has an agent that works like a polishing (rubbing) compount. I used it often for a few years on my truck and it cut through the clearcoat.
on the side of the can it says its safe for clear coat. i guess mother's is lying because if it cut through your clear coat then it not safe.

·
Registered
104 Posts
gtfazer6 said:
on the side of the can it says its safe for clear coat. i guess mother's is lying because if it cut through your clear coat then it not safe.
It's safe as long as you don't over do it. Like waxing every weekend for a year or two.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ride the living hell out of it, and wipe it off once in a while.. that's my philosophy.

Polishing is for the Harley people. :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
77 Posts
that Honda cleaner/polish...

...works great! I like it cause it works on just about all surfaces of the bike...chrome, painted metal, plastic...and its pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Hey, I like to shine my bike and it's no Harley.

In fact, I'm guilty of giving it a quick wipe down outside in the office parking lot. I got to work early today and found the spot right outside the back doorway was empty. Talk about a high traffic area, if people are going to be gawking at my bike all day I don't want them to be looking at road grime and water spots, god forbid they get the wrong idea about the FZ6. :p

Unfortunately, I could do nothing about my very dirty rear rim which had quite a display of fling on it since I never bothered cleaning it since my last chain maintenance. Maybe I should go to Canadian tire right now and get a second bottle of Simple Green.

Nah... I might lose that mint spot. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
WD40 on a paper towel works great for wiping all the black oily crap off rims and other places. Just keep it away from tires, brakes etc.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Simple Green works better and you don't need to be careful with it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Simple Green works better and you don't need to be careful with it.
+1 Simple Green is awesome!! Great for cleaning chain and chain lube splatter. I also use it to clean my guns.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts