Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, I've had three or four Vespas wave at me between yesterday and today. First time it happened I had to pull over I was laughing so hard. :lao Whenever I think about it, I just crack up. Anybody else getting waves from scooters?

·
Where's my bike???
628 Posts
Their starting to make those things too fast! I was riding on the highway & saw one on across the median strip "about 75' wide, 1/8th of a mile away" & he waved at me. I waved back thinking it was a bike. I didn't know they were making them to go 65+mph. When I reliased what it was I was LMAO. Damned posers! :lol

·
Registered
500 Posts
Not only do I get waves, but I'll admit that I wave back. Most of the scooter riders are teen kids and why not give them a respectful welcome to the sport wave.....Mike

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nipsey954 said:
Not only do I get waves, but I'll admit that I wave back. Most of the scooter riders are teen kids and why not give them a respectful welcome to the sport wave.....Mike
I'll wave to anything on two wheels. Cops, cruisers, SSs, anything. However I never received a wave from scooter riders until recently. It took me by surprise, I was almost past him when he waved. I just started laughing. I did wave to the others though.

:eek:nfloor Sorry, I thought about him waving at me again!

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Why not wave? They are out riding be it a Harley, Sportbike, Scooter, ect. THey either bought what they could afford or they are young and learning. We preach to start small. Whats smaller than a scooter on the road?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I waved at a scooter yesterday and he DIDN'T wave back!!! Jackass :)

He must have bought the scooter while saving up for his "cool" Harley......

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
I wave to them too. I once met some guys travelling from Canada to Mexico on sponsored mopeds (loaded down and with big gas tanks.) How could you look down on them.

Recently, though, I was in my car at the store and I saw two guys walk up to their generi-scooters and start them with remote controls. I remarked about it and you could tell they were looking down on me.

·
Registered
706 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Recently, though, I was in my car at the store and I saw two guys walk up to their generi-scooters and start them with remote controls. I remarked about it and you could tell they were looking down on me.
How else could they look at you when they are on a pedestal so high and they are so special to have remote start on a scooter. I suppose that is to let them warm up in the winter, right? :rolleyes

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bad Habit said:
How else could they look at you when they are on a pedestal so high and they are so special to have remote start on a scooter. I suppose that is to let them warm up in the winter, right? :rolleyes

nah,man...it's summer...gotta get the AC nice and cool.. :phatyo

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
I find that harleys and cruisers dont hardly ever wave at me. Its funny they must be jealous of the sportbikes. I think they just strereotype us too, i was talking to this harley guy, i said wthatsup, he said he was bar hopping. Then he said well actually im gas station hopping(we were at a gas station) He goes to different gas stations with his wife on the back drinking tall cans. He said that way its cheaper to get drunk if hes already half lit when he gets to the bars. He was saying something about my flat tire. He said i would buy a new one, afterall you guys who ride crotch rockets like to ride around at 200 mph. I wanted to punch him in his drunk bearded face. I hate these people that auto-assume that we are all crazy riding wheelies at 200 mph down the freeway.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
XxIcEmAnxX said:
He was saying something about my flat tire. He said i would buy a new one, afterall you guys who ride crotch rockets like to ride around at 200 mph. I wanted to punch him in his drunk bearded face. I hate these people that auto-assume that we are all crazy riding wheelies at 200 mph down the freeway.
Yeah. Too bad on that whole drinking and riding thing. Pretty dangerous to mix alcohol and two wheels (make that any wheels). The CDC said that the age group with the highest alcohol related riding fatalities are the age group that typically rides cruisers, 40+.

Anyway, still wave to them. Most of the time they do. It's the "part-time" Harley riders that don't. You know, the dentists, CPAs, etc. They don't.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I waved at a scooter, he didn't wave back :p oh well. When I owned my 250 Ninja I got waves from most everyone cept cruisers every now and then. But on my Honda 919 I very rarely get a wave from cruisers, I guess they think I'm trying to be like them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey i bought my girl friend a scooter so she didn't have to drive her car back and forth to school and work everyday. Damn things goes 60 mph and get about 85 mpg. So i cant complain about them. But i have never had a scooter wave at me except my girl. But then again i dent see many scoter around here at all. Mostly harleys that think they are to good to wave.

·
Jerk
990 Posts
In Milwaukee, sportbikes wave to sportbikes, harleys do not wave or signal back if you give them the "sign", and scooters, well Moses waves at them and that's about it. It doesn't seem that people don't it to be rude, they just wave at the bikes that are like them.

Tom.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I've had a couple wave at me and I wave to most scooter's that I see.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've got a few waves from scooters.
No biggie I just wave back.

·
SBN Rookie ;-)
686 Posts
I wave to scooters, ive noticed 90% of the time its total hotties riding them around here. Wave and then have a chat at the lights. :beer

X

·
0 Posts
I'll wave at pretty much anything on 2 wheels. Most of the time I don't even know it's a scooter until we pass, then I realize that it was. The scooter rider is usually in amazement that I waved.
Most of the metric cruisers will wave back at me, and very few of the Harley types will wave. I'm talking the hardcore, wallnut shell (if their wearing a helmet) leather chap, bike barely running, I'm cooler than you types. It's nice when I see a big group of Harleys riding, cause most of them respect your ride and will wave.
Yesterday riding through a neighborhood I saw a little kid on one of those looks like a chopper bicycles. He waved at me so I waved back. looked like it made his day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts