Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever notice a particular make or model of car that seems to have consistently bad drivers?

Mine are any Saturn, Pontiac Bonnevilles, Neons, and full sized vans.

·
Registered
558 Posts
EXPEDITIONS!!! especially if they have one of those soccerball, or a my kid is an honor roll student at a middle school noone has heard of stickers on the back.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I don't have a particular model of car but watch out for those minivan drivers. They are crazy.

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Minivans driven by Asian women and high-end luxury sedans driven by Indian men. Not so much a problem in KY as it was in San Hose, however.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
I stay out of all traffic's way. Sometimes you just have to say to hell with the speed limit and quickly space yourself from everybody else.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mitsushitty Eclipses! Every damn one of them I run into seems to want to race. And for some strange reason.....Kias, any model.

+1 to the Minivans with Asian women and the Luxury cars with Middle eastern looking men.

I also get it from full sized trucks around here, but I attribute that to the sheer number of people driving them. (Even though we are in town, and the beds have never been used to haul anything!)

·
RLPoloArgyleSweaters,Son!
1,272 Posts
All SUVS; oh I guess I just included ever vehicle in VA!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
ummmmmmmmm all of um!!!, everyone in this town drives like shit.. :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
Minivans with Oklahoma tags driving in the left lane 15mph UNDER the speed limit while the driver is talking on the phone !! There is an abundance of these around !

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ricers. They weave in and out, cut off cars, etc. One nearly got me the other day... had I not anticipated his behavior and covered the brake, his back bumper would have clipped my front wheel.

The handicapped. My apologies to those of you who have friends or relatives with a physical handicap, but I've noticed that for whatever reason, they can't drive for shit. My motto is: "Assume all handicaps are mental."

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Any car that has someone on a cellphone driving it.

Also, any sh*tbox out there due to the fact that the drivers don't care if they hit anything because their car is already a POS. These can be detected by many attributes but mainly how much rust is on the car.

·
part of the problem
487 Posts
Expeditions, Surburan/Tahoe/Yukons, H2’s, I’ve had quite a few almost merge into me on the freeway. Little old men in hats are always dangerous, doesn’t matter what they’re driving.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I've had almost no trouble with the big, bad SUV. I'ev been cut off on occasion by one, but far and away it's cars.
I can't name a specific one (although Hondas do seem to attract their fair share of moron drivers, they also sell ALOT of cars).

What I noticed is OVERLOADED cars. You know, when there is 7 people in a Civic. I have noticed that the last several close calls I've had on the highway come from cars FULL of people. Even assuming they can't see in their rearview because of someone's head, you'd think that they'd use the side mirrors more. But the last couple times I watched and never even saw a flick of the eyes to the side mirror.
That and Audi's. Just today (I was in my truck) a dude in an Audi accelerated like it was a snail, then suddenly leapt forward speeding up, only to slam on the brakes to make a turn. And they say the GSXR has an on/off type of throttle!
That and ricers. THey think they're sh1t is quick, so they try to lane blast. Coupled with zero suspension, they cannot change lanes without jerking from one to another. Never a smooth transition, always the lane jerk.

Here's direver's ed. Every driver should be forced to be a passenger on a motorcycle for a day. That ought to teach them to be more careful.

·
Registered
123 Posts
hmmm SUV's (especially the big ones it seems), minivans and 18 wheelers...i have more issues with 18 wheelers than anything and all on the same stretch of I-10 close to the alabama MS line

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I've had almost no trouble with the big, bad SUV. I've been cut off on occasion by one, but far and away it's cars.
I can't name a specific one (although Hondas do seem to attract their fair share of moron drivers, they also sell ALOT of cars).

What I noticed is OVERLOADED cars. You know, when there is 7 people in a Civic. I have noticed that the last several close calls I've had on the highway come from cars FULL of people. Even assuming they can't see in their rearview because of someone's head, you'd think that they'd use the side mirrors more. But the last couple times I watched and never even saw a flick of the eyes to the side mirror.
That and Audi's. Just today (I was in my truck) a dude in an Audi accelerated like it was a snail, then suddenly leapt forward speeding up, only to slam on the brakes to make a turn. And they say the GSXR has an on/off type of throttle!
That and ricers. THey think they're sh1t is quick, so they try to lane blast. Coupled with zero suspension, they cannot change lanes without jerking from one to another. Never a smooth transition, always the lane jerk.

Here's driver's ed. Every driver should be forced to be a passenger on a motorcycle for a day. That ought to teach them to be more careful.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts