Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy filmed me in his car on a canyon run and he actually kept up this time.. Nothing fancy but I almost hit the dirt wall and dust flies up!

Any pointers would be appreciated.:banana

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Lol. Yup!

You want honest pointers? Cuz you probably don't wanna hear it..

1 - Slow down a little. Making big mistakes like almost running off the road and crossing the centerline are two CLEAR tell tale signs that you're riding faster than what your skill level and the environment will allow.
2 - Speaking of centerlines, you and your buddy need to learn how to stay on the right side of the road. Especially on roads like that. That's a sketchy road with a TON of blind corners. Empty road or not, it only takes ONE poorly timed car coming the other way to turn you & your bike into a hood ornament and end your joy ride.

SMOOTHNESS AND CONTROL! Those should be your two focus points. With smoothness and control come speed and consistency.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
lol riding like that you are going to wreck yourself into oblivion. Your buddy in the car going over the centerline is going to kill someone. I would suggest going to the track and learning how to ride fast there. Rather than blast the straights, slow way down in the turns, and nearly wreck into a dirt wall.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha definitely saw those pointers coming. And you're right on *smoothness and control*, thats what I really want to get down. Altho this road isn't the best to practice that on.. Too steep, too narrow... I usually do my best staying in the right side but u know... Car.. Race.. Adrenaline.. Lol

I'd love to start track days! Closest one is a bit far from me so canyons become my practice grounds.. Will def hit it up soon!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
That's a sweet road

I agree with everything Oreo said, concentrate on smoothless. It looks like you are shooting into the corner and having to adjust your line (charging the corner and having to cut across the center, running wide, etc) and that'll result in a slower exit speed or a big accident. Dial it back a notch and concentrate on entering the corner smoothly. "Slow in, fast out."

·
Registered
245 Posts
Like HiSpeed said slow down your entry and work on line. It's better to give up a little entry speed get the line right, it pays off big time on your exit speed. If you can't ride between the lines then your going too fast, streets are not tracks especially those blind corners. I give you props for wanting to refine your skill set but your doing it in the wrong place. Glad you didn't die or cause someone to have a bad day by falling on their hood.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Oreo pretty much summed it up. I also believe in short shifting on the street. It's not a race.

According to iPhone maps (not exactly the best), Willow Springs is 92 minutes from Simi Valley. That's closer than any track is to me.

·
Registered
592 Posts
You have "RIDING IS FREEDOM" on your arm, not "LIVE FAST, DIE YOUNG".

Take it easy on the road; Leave the "LIVE FAST, DIE YOUNG" part for the track. :headbang

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
If I ever find my self out there and you or your friends end up wrecking me im gona beat you half to death.

1) like everyone else has said stay in your lane.

2) staying in your lane would be a good idea.

3) another way of not running into a wall would be to slow down and turn. And also staying in your lane would help as well.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright, alright, haha 1. stay in lane 2. slow in, fast out 3. learn the line 4. track days
GOT IT.

@bluspyder :twofinger

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Same goes for you man. If your in my neck of the woods and I wreck you.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Horrendous. You and your buddy are putting lives at risk... Especially your buddy in the car. Stay in your own lane. You guys were both blatantly in the opposite lane around many blind corners. I know it's already been said... But just reiterating.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Im waiting for this video to get forwarded to the local pd or sheriffs office.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
936 Posts
To get pointers. To get better. WTF is this forum site for? DAD
True, forums are here to give advice and help but it also has its limitations. No one here, unless they meet with you can teach you to ride. Sell/park the 600 and buy a 250/500/650, take msf and/or advanced rider class and practice your drills in a parking lot 'cause you ride horribly and I don't think you are ready/safe to be riding on public streets and neither is your camera friend. Get pissed and/or laugh it off but you are an accident waiting to happen. Do you even have a license and if so, how?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts