Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so there are countless people that have drilled the exhaust on their Hyosung 250's. I recently came across this video where a guy puts washers between the exhaust pipe bolts and the muffler, creating a small gap between the two. What are your thoughts on this? I want a little more sound out of my bike without the expense of buying a 400 dollar pipe or drilling. I read that you shouldnt run the bike without an exhaust because it ruins valves? I think this would be ok because it is still using the backpressure of the oem muffler but now has a small gap to let some air/sound out. IDK maybe it'll help with scavenging? Opinions please!

Original vid -

Mods, if this should be elsewhere please move. I didnt post in the performance section b/c I dont really consider this a power mod, more a sound mod? haha thanks!

·
It's good to B-King
3,290 Posts
Why? It will sound like a lawnmower and annoy the people around you. Just don't.

Noise for the sake of noise is annoying.

If you want to make your bike stand out or customize it, put graphics or lights on it or something.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
You are invisible whenever you're riding a motorcycle, get used to it. If you ever rely on "being seen" it will be painful, for you.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Alright, maybe Ill ditch the exhaust idea for the time being, just wanted to be heard better haha
Sound from a motorcycle projects to the rear much moreso than towards the front.

This is best noticed here in CA, where bikes continually pass you while in the act of lanesharing.

The Harley/"Loud Pipes Save Lives" crowd insists that this is a good thing. Yet while they are in traffic, you seldom hear much from even the loudest Harley until it's passed you. Their noise did little to tell you of their presence until they were really no factor.

Noise does little except piss off those around you, and cause neighborhoods to pass CC&Rs that regulate/restrict motrocycles. (Ask the residents of Canyon Lake, CA., that have to walk their motorcycles from the front gate to their home).

Your 250 ain't gonna sound bad-ass, even if you take the whole exhaust off and toss it in the garage. It'll just get annoying, won't "save lives" if that's what you're thinking.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Won't sound bad ass? It depends, it can sound like a bad ass mower from hell, but that's about as bad ass as it can get.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts