Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
using some atv ramps off the back of my Silverado for the first time. The last bike I did this with was my YZ250F, sometimes I rode the 250F off backwards. Anyway, the 636 is different because of the ground clearance. I was halfway off the truck down the ramps and I heard a really loud crack. Then the bike wouldn't move. The weight of the bike was on the lower fairings. The 636 doesn't have enough ground clearance to go down the ramps to the ground. I ended up unloading it on the curb with some help. It just made me sick when I heard the fairing crack. It's not bad, it's on the very bottom near the oil drain hole. I call these bought lessons. Ok, I'm done venting. Thanks.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I know alot of people don't like the look of lowered trucks and think, "it's a truck, it's not meant to be lowered" Well, having a Silverado that's lowered 4" in the front and 6" in the back makes it VERY easy to load and unload my bike, it can even be done fairly easily without a ramp, but I normally use the ramp anyways.

·
Registered
22 Posts
my dad will usually try to back the truck into a ditch and then unload his harley (its a dyna lowrider so its ground clearance is kinda low too). but if ur in a city there may not be too many ditches

·
Registered
605 Posts
I was going to a family reunion :alky at a park and saw that damn near everybody was parking on the grass, being I just got the bike and was trying to show it off, I jumped the curb. Well the front wheel went up easily then scraatcchhh, crraaack! Well I quick gased the back tire up the curb and got off to look at what I did. The whole underside of the fairing was scratched and cracked. I was pissed but still went to show all my punk ass cousins my baby.
Just to let all the flamers :flamed know that the curb was not at a 90 degree angle it was one that resemble a ramp kinda.
Anyways I know how you feel that the noise the fairings made I will never forget :cry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts