Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
Joined
·
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions? Comments?


I went and saw it last night, with the opening night crowd (which i normally never mess with). I really liked it! Tom did a lot of great acting and the girl that plays his daughter was awesome. The effects were really really great, though the "tripods" left a little bit to desire in the technology category.

At the end of the movie i think Cruise kills it by doing the same hug he does in every singe movie, the old pull with one arm, pat on the back, make a face hug...ehh..i noticed, but im sure most didnt.

I recomend this movie to anyone on a movie night. Even had the girlfriend jumping and grabbing a few times from the suspense filled parts.
 

·
______ETA B4U______
Joined
·
1,990 Posts
Yea I went with my girl, RCEGRRL and her man. My girl liked it, the guys though it was ok and RCEGRRL hated it. I didn't think there was enough alien stuff. I wanted to see inside the ships and know more about them. I think it was more of a psychological thriller type movie of the panic and helplessness of what would happened if we were marked for extension by a superior alien race. It did convey that well. Worth seeing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
Hmmm however if they would of exposed the aliens, they probably would of screwed it up,and just completely ruined the movie. Such as in the end of Signs when he beats the crap out of the alien..with water, then jacks him in the face with a baseball bat. :rolleyes

I believe this movie will be a lot better though, going to see it tonight. :smokin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
896 Posts
gixxer27519 said:
Opinions? Comments?


I went and saw it last night, with the opening night crowd (which i normally never mess with). I really liked it! Tom did a lot of great acting and the girl that plays his daughter was awesome. The effects were really really great, though the "tripods" left a little bit to desire in the technology category.

At the end of the movie i think Cruise kills it by doing the same hug he does in every singe movie, the old pull with one arm, pat on the back, make a face hug...ehh..i noticed, but im sure most didnt.

I recomend this movie to anyone on a movie night. Even had the girlfriend jumping and grabbing a few times from the suspense filled parts.
I agree with you on virtually all aspects. I thought the film was very well done, with some superb acting by Cruise and the young girl. Speilberg is quite good at creating tension(remember the velociraptors in the kitchen?) Overall I would definitely recommend it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
i just went to see this movie last night and b4 i went in i thought i wasnt gonna like it cuz im not really into the whole alien thing but it was a great movie and like said b4 cruise and the little girl did some GREAT acting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
i thought it was good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
833 Posts
I liked the movie overall. I thought Spielberg was a bit heavy handed with his portrayal of the Cruise character's dysfunctional family. The movie could have been more enjoyable if there was less bickering and if the cute little girl could have just been allowed to act like a cute little girl and not be some sort of post-modern poster child for dysfunction. I guess I wasn't drawn into the movie as much as I would have liked to be because I didn't find the child stars very likeable. At several points in the movie, I just didn't care whether the children, especially the disobedient boy, survived or not. It just didn't seem believeable to me that a family could be so unglued, divorced parents or not, that they would continue infighting even while their lives were in peril by 100ft tall killer robots.

Otherwise, the movie is worth watching. Much like Jurassic Park, it makes up for its lack of good characters and story line with jaw-dropping special effects. In other words, it is the perfect summer blockbuster.
 

·
You got that right.
Joined
·
10,228 Posts
pwang said:
I guess I wasn't drawn into the movie as much as I would have liked to be because I didn't find the child stars very likeable. At several points in the movie, I just didn't care whether the children, especially the disobedient boy, survived or not. It just didn't seem believeable to me that a family could be so unglued, divorced parents or not, that they would continue infighting even while their lives were in peril by 100ft tall killer robots.
Yeah, I felt a little of that. Cruise was CONSTANTLY fathering the children in a time of obvious panic and crisis. I guess that was the subplot and I didn't enjoy it either.

Hell, I wanted the son to live. He was a Sox fan!
 

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
Joined
·
8,369 Posts
Yeah, I don't understand how people could fight so much when their lives were in danger... But hey, I didn't get all those millions of dollars from directing/producing it haha

The special effects were amazing, I never knew you could portray such destruction!! It was madness. There were many times during the movie I just looked at my GF and went "daaaaaaaaaamn". It's that kinda movie. Absolutely amazing.
 

·
You got that right.
Joined
·
10,228 Posts
Spike said:
The special effects were amazing, I never knew you could portray such destruction!! It was madness. There were many times during the movie I just looked at my GF and went "daaaaaaaaaamn". It's that kinda movie. Absolutely amazing.
I had to see it twice. The first time I went w/ my bro and dad, there was a guy to my right saying, "Ohhhh, shittt!" every time something happened. It was subtle, but still fucking annoying as hell. :bitchslap

Had to see it again w/o distraction. Just as good the second time around.
 

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
Joined
·
8,369 Posts
Well when I was sayin Damn, I wasn't being loud enough for anyone to hear.... I'm not that annoying :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
833 Posts
About those mind blowing special effects... I've never been too impressed by big loud expensive movies whose FX were driven almost solely by computer animation. In most cases, the scenes with CG in them are pretty obvious to me and this realization totally destroys any chance the director had of suspending my belief, even if for just a brief moment. With War of the Worlds, the FX scenes were matched so seamlessly with the live action and the animation was so convincing that I hardly realized that I was watching computer graphics. I guess the technology has matured enough since Jurassic Park to completely fool me.
 

·
You got that right.
Joined
·
10,228 Posts
Spike said:
Well when I was sayin Damn, I wasn't being loud enough for anyone to hear.... I'm not that annoying :D
Probably wasn't you then. :lol

And then they just wouldn't shut up. I hate people that have to do the color commentator role and play-by-play announcer throughout a movie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,073 Posts
Yes, it was very close to the orginal. Only thing was that I wanted more action.

Bomb300 said:
I recommend watching the original movie too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
At several points in the movie, I just didn't care whether the children, especially the disobedient boy, survived or not. It just didn't seem believeable to me that a family could be so unglued, divorced parents or not, that they would continue infighting even while their lives were in peril by 100ft tall killer robots.
+1

The movie wasnt bad, but I wont be buying it on dvd or anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
It was a pretty good movie. It was a little slow for me. The FX were awsome and as said previously some of the most seamless to date! It was definately more of a thriller which I enjoy. I just got tired of all the bullshit I guess. I did enjoy Tom's charcter's treatment of the little girl in the basement of the crazy dude's house, right before the human violence started. Gotta get the job done!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top