Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you that helped me out when my clutch cable broke on my ex500. I really appreciated it, and afterwords I had a awesome time. This was my first group ride and I think it went great. I had so much fun riding with you guys.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Hey, no problem man. We couldn't just leave you stranded +200 miles from home broke down without giving it a try at fixing the problem. Besides, working on bikes is what we like to do....even though it wasn't a Suzuki. :eek:nfloor

Glad you had fun on the ride. Hopefully you might be able to find some guys a little closer out by where you live, but if not, just let us know if you're ever this way again and maybe we can go out another time.....Hopefully when it's not quite so hot out. :cheers

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wasnt much help but what a good group of guys. I had a good time and a good ride we difinetely need to do it again. Dont hesitate to shout at me if any want to ride Im always down. Fenix give me shout if you ever get toward North Platte any time, always lookin for a ride

Keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I definately appreciate everything. You guys have some of the sweetest bikes Ive ever seen. That was my first ACTUAL chance to be around guys who know how to ride and wear gear. I was coming back from GI on sunday and guess what I saw? In North Platte, a guy with a nice helmet on, no shirt, shorts, and sandals hauling ass through north platte on a silver ninja(not sure what size). I really appreciate that you guys didnt give me shit about wearing my riding pants and boots, although I dont think I will be doing that again unless im on my own and I know I wont stop and hang out somewhere, it is just too damn uncomfortable. Sorry I kind of left and didnt get back with you all. I went to change and then by the time I got back to GI, I was tired as hell, so I fell asleep for awhile and then came back too late. It wasnt bad being at the back of the pack, at least I got to see some good "high speed fun". I definately enjoyed that state recreational area. Aside from a little gravel on the road, it was definately fun, wish I could keep up a little better though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
dude, glad to hear you made it home ok! thanx for comin up. we all had a hell of a time. and don't ever worry about anybody around here givin ya crap about "too much gear"....no such thing. as long as you aren't getting dehydrated and melting(i don't know HOW YOU WEREN'T-i was having a minor heat stroke that day i think!! :lao ) i'm glad we(not really we-me, but you know) got your clutch cable hooked back up, i felt awful when that happened to ya. dumbass kawi's!! :pisson :eek:nfloor and that kid in N. Platte, what a tool, but to each his own i spose, it's just too bad. damn kawi riders. what is it with all the kawi's??? lol. anyway definately give any of us a call if you're down in this area again, i'm game! :headbang take it easy man and we're happy ya made it. ride safe.

p.s.-wasn't that damn road up by Jon's parents' cabin the BEST?! :phatyo

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That road up by jon's parents cabin was awesome. We have one little area near me like that, it is a little mile long "circuit", in Ash Hollow state park. You guys were tearin it up pretty damn good.

·
Registered
147 Posts
That what Im saying damn North Platte guys..... Hey wait a minute, I know that guy and ya hes a little squidly. Rides a Kawi 12 w/ no gear. Man Nik was right it was hot as hell that day. The drag races was when the heat really hit me. |
That road at Sherman was nice it had been a long time since I have been up that way.
Anyway we need to get together and do it again sometime maybe a different spot or when it cooler, I always down for some good ridin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts