Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're into bicycling, it's like comparing a road bike to a mountain bike. Cushier, more travel, less tight, forgiving, and flat out mutha f*ckin fun.

Tonight I was riding around downtown backing it into the corners with the biggest sh*t eating grin on my face you ever did see. Girls in their cars would be waiting to turn and I would come sliding into the corner right past them laughing in my helmet, and they would just stare and smile back as I came kiddie skidding by. Man, I can't believe how easy the SMR is to back into a corner, it's just begging for it. I actually learned how to do it on accident, lol.

It absolutely loves to wheelie and jump train tracks too. Yesterday I started pulling a wheelie still coming out of a corner downtown in second gear and I actually turned the thing the rest of the way aorund the corner on one wheel with no drama. Amazing. If I tried half this stuff on my sportbike I would die. I need to settle down a bit though, I'm sure the downtown 5-0 can hear my loud stock Arrow exhaust well enough. These bikes just make you want to do bad things. I also actually came across another supermoto rider on a DRZ-SM which was an added bonus. I need to meet that dude, I see him riding all the time.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
hey did you buy your bike already made for super moto and street legal or did you set it up your self if you did how did you get a tag and all that for it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Supamoto rocks

Here's my supamoto, just got her last week. She's a sweet ride. I've owned two other bikes, this one takes the cake. This is the most fun I've ever had on two wheels. She's got a BajaDesigns tail-light and Eline case covers. Corbin seat and led blinkers to come next week. More pics on my website here. :twofinger

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
^^^ Nice. Baja Designs Rules!! I cant say enough good about that company! They are awesome. I got the lighting kit for my old DR440 from them, after a 11/2 pf serious abuse it needed a battery. I called them and before selling me a single thing they asked when I bought the kit. I told them and they said they improved the kit and made a few changes. One was the regulator which over charged the battery making it prematurly die.

The real suprise came when thinking I was about to be hit with a big price to buy the upgrade or something the guy on the phone asked if my address was still the same and said the new kit would be sent to me right away!!

New kit? LOL yep they sent me a comolete new lighting kit everything!! Headlight included and battery, new turn signals the entire wiring harnes the works! FOR FREE!!! shipping was paid too!! I couldn't believe it!

That was the most fun bike I ever owned I never should have sold it :a2 actually didn't as much sell it as it was stolen by a prick of a roomate that if I ever see again he will be roadkill... did him a favor trying to help him out a bit.... never all the got the money for my bike only a portion of it....

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what's a redline story? Nah, nevermind, don't care.

Anyways, mine came from the dealer basically this way - they are handmade in Italy where they are sold as street legal bikes. However, the facory bits that Fast by Ferracci normally stocks were out so they put the Baja Designs kit on at that works with both the Husky and KTM 450. Dealer installed a few things, licensed it, and it was mine in a week all ready for Hooliganism.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I looked into getting a Husky 450 but it would have been such a pain in the ass to get a plate for it. I went and looked at a DR400SM the other day but I'm gonna have to wait to see if I have any money because I need a car. Or maybe I'll wait and see if the Aprilia SVX comes out under $9k.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pain to get plated? Must be NE emission standards. Here you can buy one and the plate shows up in the mail in a week without any fuss.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
wescoas1 said:
Pain to get plated? Must be NE emission standards. Here you can buy one and the plate shows up in the mail in a week without any fuss.
The dealer refused to plate the bike before pick up. He did tell me that if I really wanted to, I could get a P.O. box in VT and get it registered up there. I don't want to deal with that. I just want to buy the bike and ride it home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts