Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:fiddyHey, I just got a Blue 2008 R6S but I like the look of the shorter exhaust can like on the new R6...Is it okay to put an aftermarket slip-on from the new R6 on my R6S?:fiddy

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
an 08 R6 exhuast will not fit directly to an r6s you will have to use one that fits an 03-05 r6 or custom fab to get the 08 r6 to fit yours
The 07 R6 pipe fits just fine on the 07 R6S (as far as fitting on the header) and I didn't think the 08 R6 changed the exhaust any from the 07...

You do need to make a 1 inch bracket to move the header down, but that is easily done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
r6s muffler

The 07 R6 pipe fits just fine on the 07 R6S (as far as fitting on the header) and I didn't think the 08 R6 changed the exhaust any from the 07...

You do need to make a 1 inch bracket to move the header down, but that is easily done.
can you send me pictures of the 1 inch bracket that you have to make to move the header down and send me a picture of the finished install?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question

Hey i did the same thing to my bike i put a 2006 r6 shorty muffler on my
07 r6s but would it be necessary to get a power commander also ... to tune it

·
pppfffffff
609 Posts
Ive got an 08 on my 05 (same as 03-05 R6 and 06-08 R6S in this aspect they are all the same), its stupid easy and stupid cheap.

If you have thumbs you can do this

·
pppfffffff
609 Posts
Here we go, just took them 10 minutes ago.

WARNING!!
MY BIKE IS DIRTY, IT HAS BEEN IN THE GARAGE FOR ALMOST 6 MONTHS, PLENTY OF DUST AND SAW DUST LAYERING IT.

All i need now is a solo seat cowl which NO ONE makes in my color, not even yamaha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
09 r6s

What year model shortys will fit an 09 r6s? How hard is it to hide it under the fairings to make it more sleek looking? Ive looked all over the internet with no luck on a shorty. And where is a good cheap place to buy aftermarket parts for the bike?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts