Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get a motorcycle trailer for my first track day on the 30th. I can get a hitch on my car in time, but not sure about the trailer.

Anybody want to lend/sell me a small, reasonably priced 1 bike trailer or recommend where/what to buy?

If not, I'll just ride into Blackhawk geared up and with a backpack :).

Thanks,
Masuo

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Uhaul. It's $15 a day for a nice metal one with foldable loading ramp and tie down hooks. Just make a reservation. Not all locations have them, but you might want to try the one on highway 100 by greenfield ave. That's where I rented mine from before I had my own.

·
Registered
651 Posts
You can also get an enclosed u-haul trailer that will fit a bike plus a little extra gear for $10/day. I have used one of those for my bike before. This one does not have a ramp, but it only sits two feet off of the ground...I used a 2X6 or 2X8 to ramp it up, it was really easy.

·
Registered
586 Posts
dorao said:
Cool!

I'll give the local uhaul a call :).
I was just at the U-Haul in Oconomowoc today, and I think I saw one there. It's on the far West Side of Oconomowoc, after you go under the nursing home (Shorehaven) skyway thing, located next to a Cingular Dealer. Oh yeah, there's a bunch of U-Hauls out front too. ;)

There's also a Ryder place in Oconomowoc that might have something for you, and they might be a little more sympathetic to your cause as they are big sportbike fans. They even have an old Ducati in their shop.

I think it's on the corner of hwy16 and Concord rd, not too sure if its Concord, but it's also a window tint place if that helps you find it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Mike. How's your bike coming along? When will she be ready for another ride out west :). Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Anyway, Brian is hooking me up with his trailer and another friend said I could take his 4Runner, if my hitch didn't work out for some reason.

Thanks again Brian!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts