Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an affordable solution to my problem: I want a leather jacket for day to day use, but also for the occasional track day, as I plan to do 3 this year.

I was looking at the AGV Trident 2pc suits (mostly because I was able to try out 1pc AGV suits and found my size), but am not sure how they connect. Is it just a zipper in the rear? Is that sufficent for a track days? Another alternative I was looking at was AStars...

What do you guys recommend? I want something that has the best bang for the buck.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I bought a Joe Rocket GPX-2. It has the full circumference zipper (not just the 8" one). Some people don't like JR. Personally, I think it's fine. I find the suit very comfortable. It broke in really quick.

I wear the jacket by itself at times as well and I have no complaints there either.

For the price, I think it's a fantastic suit that I would definately recommend.

·
Registered
169 Posts
BTW, I was lucky when I got mine. I got them for $596 Canadian ($484 USD)!! I got it cheap because they had it for a season and wanted to get rid of it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got the Joe Rocket blaster combination. It has a full circumference zipper which I think would be required for track use. The blaster pants do not allow for a knee puck though, so if your purpose is track riding you might want the other model.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The GPX-2 has knee pucks if that is a requirement for you.

jyeager, how do you find the collar on the Blaster? I tried that one on before I bought mine but found the collar was brutal for rubbing my neck! I didn't like it at all. Do you find it the same way?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found from a vendor that the agv infact has a 360 zipper. Hmmm...

What do you guys think is the best bang for the buck, concidering protection/durability between 2pc suits around the $600 range for:
JR, Astars and AGV?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts