Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I could understand how this could be offensive if you werent a savvy computer user and werent aware how content-targeted recommendation systems work, but, despite what race you are, this should be funny

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10736265/

Wal-Mart apologized yesterday after its retail Web site directed potential buyers of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and "Planet of the Apes" DVDs to also consider purchasing DVDs with African American themes.

The world's largest retailer said in a statement that it was "heartsick" over the racially offensive grouping and that the site was linking "seemingly random combinations of titles."

"It's just simply not working correctly," said Mona Williams, vice president of corporate communications for Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Fargin_Bastige said:
In Chicago, there was a grocery chain that ran a commercial where vegetables turned into people via CGI. In the commercial, an eggplant turned into a black lady.

:lao Sorry, but Thats a good chuckle.

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Wal-mart knocks my socks off.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
All of those movies listed on that link DO have something in common. They are all about racism (in one form or another) and the struggle for equality.

I'm pretty tired of people finding ANY little fawking thing to gripe about in terms of racism.

"You burnt my toast!? WTF? Racist! I'm suing"....... :rolleyes

or...

"Officer, why'd you pull me over? Because my truck is black?"

etc......

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Here's some more for people to bitch about:

How come toilets, urinals, sinks, tubs etc... are white? Where can the black man relieve himself without being discriminated against?

How come toilet paper and paper towels are white? Black people are hygenic too.

How come there is white text on a black background on SBN?? Is it because the white man can step all over the black people?

Canada is racist, it's white snow here during the winter.

Google is racist, white background. Or, better yet, do a search for racism and you get links about black people.

I haven't done a search on google, but I'm sure each one of those has already (or have pending) a lawsuit for someone.

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Mr. Lesbian said:
All of those movies listed on that link DO have something in common. They are all about racism (in one form or another) and the struggle for equality.

I'm pretty tired of people finding ANY little fawking thing to gripe about in terms of racism.

"You burnt my toast!? WTF? Racist! I'm suing"....... :rolleyes

or...

"Officer, why'd you pull me over? Because my truck is black?"

etc......
Charlie and the Chocolate factory was about racism?

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
How come all threads that have to do with Walmart at all, have to end up having me move them to the Politics & Religion section? :rolleyes

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Justin726 said:
How come all threads that have to do with Walmart at all, have to end up having me move them to the Politics & Religion section? :rolleyes
Good question! Perhaps because of the nature of Walmart to inject itself into local politics wherever they are targeting a store location. A friend of mine is a mayor of such a community and has some interesting perspectives on how they attempt to circumvent local zoning and tax ordinances. Maybe because of their anti-union positions, or business models that destroy home-grown businesses. Probably because they represent one of the more obvious symptoms of the "corporatization" of American jobs over individual ownership and local economies.

Whatever the reason, they have certainly injected themselves onto the radar screen of American citizens! I would have to argue that it's the dual edge of the notoriety sword; that when you become a household name, people are going to have opinions.

As I said in a prior thread, I don't shop there and mostly don't argue with those who do.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Wallmart = Kooks. I saw a video yesterday of a riot in a wallmart that injured several people who were trampled by a mob of blue light special wackos!! :eek:

Maybe move the walmart posts to the smack shack :lao

1 - 20 of 20 Posts