Sport Bikes banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been house shopping in Cary, Morrisville, Apex, and Wake Forest. We found one we like in Wake Forest in Margot's Pond subdivision. Here's a map of the 'hood.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&q1=margot ave wake forest, nc&trf=0&lon=-78.526947&lat=35.932568&mag=3

The problem with moving to a new area is we don't know sh*t about these different places. But I do suspect that some of you have some opinions, right now specifically about the neighborhood (or area) I've mapped.

Feel free to PM me with any politically incorrect comments, whatever info you might have, or post up general comments.

Thanks for your help :p

·
Registered
521 Posts
Where will you be commuting to/from? It's actually not that bad over here. I live in that same general area on the other side of Capital between Durant and Wakefield Pines and it's not bad. There's a pretty good amount of stuff around so there's nothing particularly inconvenient about it except for the rush hour traffic on Capital. 540 doesn't really have much traffic on it even during the busiest parts of the day. The only place where it bunches up is around route 70 - and coming from Boston, it ain't that bad. The worst "traffic jam" I've been in set me back 5-10 minutes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know that Wake Forest is a great area but the traffic is horrible. Have you considered Zebulon? There are a ton of new really nice Wakefieldish subdivisions coming up and there right in the outskirts of Zebulon so there quiet but, your still not to far away from civilization. And with the 64 bypass commuting is easy.

I'm kinda partial.

·
Because 3 > 4
579 Posts
I moved from Morrisville to Wake Forest and love it. Traffic isnt bad(although I work from home). Wife drives to Durham everyday and it is only like a 30 minute commute. Lots of good eats, shopping and nice communites. My sis just moved to Heritage and loves it.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Here's one place I've looked at in Wake Forest. I've also been looking at Apex, Cary and some parts of Raleigh. The good thing about Wake Forest is its a growing area and any thing you buy now will make a good profit in years to come but that goes for Apex, Cary and Raleigh also. In Wake Forest you will get more house for the money which is nice and the schools are good in Wake Forest also. The link to the devolpment below is a nice area and they have higher priced houses in the same devolpment called the Preserves. Its treated as a diff. subdivision on their website but they are actually the same.

http://www.khov.com/Home/NC/043/_Properties_Auth.htm

·
Registered
37 Posts
I live near that neighborhood. Ligon Mill Road is your only way out. If you go north to S. Main Street in Wake Forest, traffic is fairly heavy with people trying to get to US1/Capital Blvd., but they did widen the road since I used to travel that way so maybe it's not as bad. If you go south and take Burlington Mills Road to US1/Capital Blvd., it's a heavily traveled two lane road and there is a long wait for the light to change in the mornings. So, I guess that I am just confirming what others have said... traffic sucks. But that may be true for any neighborhood near Raleigh. The area is nice enough though. You are near the movies in Wakefield Plantation. Triangle Town Center is nearby. And Wake Forest is growing quickly these days... Lots of restaurants, shops, and a bar or two fairly close by. I lived in Wake Forest for 10 years and remember when Capital Blvd was a two lane road once you got past Durant... But I bought a house in NE Raleigh and moved just outside of Wake Forest... the subdivision across from mine has Wake Forest addresses! I like the area personally, but since I am a couple of miles south of Margot's Pond my perspective may be a little different. But I still go the the Lowe's in WF, get my haircut in Wakefield, get my car serviced in Heritage, and go to the Wal-Mart on Main Street... so I still live a little in WF!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'll confirm what everyone has said so far...the difference is...I've found backroads to RTP to avoid the Capital Traffic Jam! :banana

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
30-45 mins at between 7-8AM

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
sukemecuke said:
eeek thats early. I don't even wake up til then.
Man i'm up at 6. :twofinger

The traffic on Capital gets real bad around Durant Rd right b4 540 at that time.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Another area you may want to look into is Leesville, Creedmoor and Six Forks roads just north of 540. We are in that area and really happy with it. Most of the new construction going on is higher end homes but depending on what you're looking for you can get some decent priced 5-10 year old homes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There is a new subdivision of nice homes going up just up the road from me. It's on 401 where it meets Forestville road. They will be widening 401 to 4 lanes through here soon, so it will meet up with the 6 lanes that end at the Mitchell Mill/Ligon Mill intersection. If I could, I'd move over there myself...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.