Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
the human bike-rack
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I gather I am not the only one in the forum who have ordered their FZ6 and are waiting waiting (8 weeks so far) and wondering just what Yamaha are up to?

I'd email them directly and ask them if I could find the proper address. There's a mail form on the YMA (Australia) website support web page - I'll try that tonight

Yamaha if you are reading this how about giving us the buzz on the delay- we promise not to tell don't we?

In the meantime this forum has been excellent in sort of satisfying my FZ6 fix.

I promise to keep you informed on developments

cheers ....kimbo

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well i had the same issue when ordering it back in March.

First they said it would take 2 weeks (yep in Europe) after 2 weeks i had to give them a call and they told me they did not have a view on the delivery so it could take up to 10 (!) weeks to get it delivered because there was a shortage of blue ones.

I stressed to them that if it was going to take 10 weeks they could well keep the FZ6 and i would have gone to another brand which has a clear view on their supply chain.

After this been said i was called the next day that they've found a blue one for me...

I think it is all about stepping into the dealership, telling them what you think of this and maybe ask the importer's number to give him a direct call.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I barely got mine in may. They promised me one in 2 weeks and they ended up having to BUY me one from a competing dealer, so they didn't make any money on my purchase since I had negotiated the discount in advance.
Right after that thay changed the waiting time to 2-3 months.

So, I suppose Yamaha can't make them fast enough. I haven't seen a similar shortage with any other bike.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Here my weeks of waiting were caused by lack of supply. The FZ6 was so popular (and relatively cheap) they sold like hotcakes. My fault I guess for waiting until June to try and get one. But, barring any crate damage or act of god, I get to pick mine up tomorrow afternoon. :headbang
Good luck to the others still waiting~

·
the human bike-rack
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
new developments

well I tried the mailto link on the YMA support pages.

I asked for an explanation for the delay saying that any information provided would be very useful in my decision-making, and please and thankyou etc.

My dealer rang today to tell me to expect to take delivery of my FZ6-NS, (that'd be the goes-fastest coz its the same colour as the R1 lava-red one) before the end of next week.

It was no coincidence as I also got an email reply from YMA to say to contact my dealer as they have further information concerning my enquiry.

Of course I am thrilled with the news and all I hope is that I wasn't bumped ahead on the queue just because I spoke up.

I like your theory that the FZ6 is such a fabulous bike that orders are exceeding the capacity to supply them- it certainly aroused my excitement levels when I first saw/ read about it

Dexter I'm sure we'd all be very interested in your first ride report!

cheers ....kimbo

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got mine in march. lucky for me, i walked in the door and 20 minutes later i was riding. never even seen one before. but i had to take a silver one ( wanted blue ) . no chance in hell for a blue one.my dealer told me they were running a limited production to see how they sell. I'd expect boatloads of them in 2005.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, the waiting is over. For me at least. I drove almost 7 hours today and picked my bike up, they were just finishing washing it when I got there. It was after dark by the time I got home, but I took her out for a spin anyway :D. Wearing my dirtbike helmet, and without insurance or plates, I ran around some backroads and through town. This is a very comfortable bike, and mild too (of course, I haven't gotten into any sort of *real* power yet [under 7k RPM]). I can't wait 'til I get to open her up. With friends getting married & having babies, my next two weekends are shot, unfortunately, so it looks like it'll just be short trips after work for a bit, maybe along the river or the coast. The fun is just beginning :), or so I hope.

·
the human bike-rack
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
great news Dexter and good form in updating your .sig so soon!

I agree life at times gets in the way of riding but for me the 50km commute to work gives me as good excuse as any to ride

cheers .... kimbo

·
Registered
95 Posts
Took them four months to get mine, had to go on a long waiting list so I am glad I ordered it in Febuary

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I'm assuming at this point that you are waiting for an 05 since they should hit the showroom floors in a month or so. Luckily I walked on the floor with two to choose from...silver & blue. The guy told me the silver one was way faster so I said I'd take the blue one. Then he told me the blue one was actually silver painted over. So I ended up with the silver. The following week the dealership that supplies 90% of South Florida was sold out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't know if Yamaha can help you track one down with its dealer inventory information but they should be able to no matter what country your buying it in.
I wouldn't give anyone a deposit on one unless it was on hand. Waiting for an 05 may bring a higher msrp and a new color red.

Zeu, what a story you were fed silver faster & blue is painted over?!?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts