1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
75 Posts
i've ridden all of them i'm biased toward honda. my dad's 51 is insane i took it to mmi with me and tuned it on the dyno 152 bhp, now it's a little scary to ride

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boostnsrt said:
i've ridden all of them i'm biased toward honda. my dad's 51 is insane i took it to mmi with me and tuned it on the dyno 152 bhp, now it's a little scary to ride
Sweet man, sweet! :)

What's the name of the turbo that your dad has in his 51? :)

ceh

·
Registered
75 Posts
cehowardrx7 said:
Sweet man, sweet! :)

What's the name of the turbo that your dad has in his 51? :)

ceh

full yosh system, pc 111, bmc filters, short throttle body horns, flapper mod, pair system removed, balanced and blueprinted injectors, radius valve job, ported and polished throttle bodies, shaved heads, 2 days about 12 hours total on the dyno

·
Registered
62 Posts
full yosh system, pc 111, bmc filters, short throttle body horns, flapper mod, pair system removed, balanced and blueprinted injectors, radius valve job, ported and polished throttle bodies, shaved heads, 2 days about 12 hours total on the dyno
152 rear-wheel HP on a RC51 with only these mods?

I'm throwing down the BULLSH!T flag on that one.

1. Blueprinting/balancing a motor refers to matching compoent parts (pistons, rods, crank etc) from a weight standpoint to both eliminate weight and reduce vibration. I suppose you could have weighed the injectors but since they are not moving parts I don't see that being a huge improvement.
2. Port/polish a throttle body? I fell out of my chair laughing at that one.
3. How do you shave/deck the heads on a bike with gear driven cams?
4. BMC filters actually reduce HP on the RC51 over the stock filters as do the short stack mod.
5. Finally there is no way you are going to get more than 140 HP out of a RC51 without replacing the pistons (to up compression) and stage 2 cams and valve guides (increase lift and duration).

·
Registered
133 Posts
boostnsrt said:

Maybe he meant to say 125 hp instead of 152 hp, port/polish heads, maybe shaved throttle bodies (never heard of)......might be typing to fast to realize what he said, also, this is the internet, so all things are possible :lol :alky :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts