22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After

Just finishing up the primary pipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
holy cow that is sweet! I NEED to know how you made that happen with the VRF swingarm. I'm looking to trick out my SuperHawk and that looks killer. I was going to do a custom underseat exhaust as well but it looks like it would be a ton easier with the single sider. Was there much fab work in making that or did it bolt on pretty easily? Any info would be sweet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, and to think I wasn't going to do it. The whole rear section (swingarm, brakes, wheel, linkage) except the shock, needs to be from an 800 VFR, NOT a 750. The arm basically bolted on. The 2 biggest mods is the lower shock linkage needs to be fabricated along with the exhaust. Even if you keep the original secondary pipe (slipon), the shock needs to be moved 2" to the left which puts it right in line of the exhaust outlet. The exhaust is taking me the longest since I'm not a welder, just doing the tacks myself. It is a big project but can be done by someone mechanically inclined. Send me a pm if you need more specific info.
Great place to find info is runlevelzero.net. 2 people on that message board have completed the swap and they've been helpful.

·
Void where prohibited
248 Posts
Nice work! Be sure to post pics when complete.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Lookin' good. What's the project next to the bike?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. That's a 67 Camaro RS, 406 small block. I took it apart a few years ago and just don't have the time (motivation) to finish the front end. It's mainly a street car but does run consistent 11.80's on street tires. Never ran slicks but it will pull the tires up with the sticky mickey's.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The bike looks sweet. Probably a dumb question, but where is the exhaust going? I see pipes, but I don't see them going anywhere.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I left the tailpipe off since it doesn't need any welding (clamp on) which I was doing at the time of the pics. It's a 90 degree bend that will exit on the left side (between shock and mud flap) and run under the cowl out. I still have one more 3" piece to cut but should have the finished welds done this week. Just ran the brakeline through the swingarm today. Used the existing holes, what a breeze.

·
Registered
586 Posts
looks good - put up more pics when you're finished

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys. The screen? I don't tuck so I paint matched it. Look at the pics...you know what mfg I get my inspiration from.

Arrivederci

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
NICE!!! I really like your conversion. Very clean.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very interesting idea. Wasn't on my agenda since I have a 6 gal carbon/kevlar tank, just hasn't been painted yet. Will definitely look into the vfr tank fitment though.

·
Void where prohibited
248 Posts
Great job! So how does it ride now? Did it add weight? How's the handling/balance?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts