Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
And you've contributed exactly what? You don't even have a sport cruiser. GTFO.

And please, for the love of God, go back to school and take some English courses.

Have fun getting the last word in. Tools always have to.
O so now it's a school class, you are so predictable, FOT
:twofinger

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had one of the first three V-Rods sold here in North Carolina. Nothing bad to say just not the bike I had hoped it would be. Sold it to someone in Fl. and haven't heard a word more about the bike. If it fits your style of bike, get it. Harley needs to sell all the bikes they can now days. Up here the papers are full of Harley's and the dealers have a showroom full both new and used.

I hear the new Sportster, not sure what version but the special European version is hot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK, back on topic. If you have back problems, get one with mid mount pegs/foot controls. Even without back problems, the forward controls put stress on my lower back. If you want a cruiser type, the V-rod is one of the fastest, best looking IMO out there. The biggest cons, to me, are the initial cost (hey, it's a harley) and the cost of upkeep. I'd factor in the cost of things like valve adjustments if you plan on having a dealer do the work. On, and it's a harley so plan on changing the seat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone seen the Victory Hammer S? It is comparable to the V-Rod and is a bit less $ and looks great!
I hate to bring everything back to money, but the less you waste, the more toys you can have. That being said, Victorys (or should that be ies) tend to lose their value fast. I like the looks of several of their bikes, but I wouldn't consider a new one.

I have ridden the Vegas (the root of all their bikes, I believe) and was very impressed. It did make funny noises, but I understand that's normal for them. In any event, I hope you find the bike that's perfect for you. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Have you seen the new HD XR1200. Upright seating on a Sportster 1200. Kinda flat track racer style and if I had to get a HD that would be the one i got. This is purely based on staring longingly at one at a dealer, but considering its more like a standard than a cruiser its probably worth a look.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I know this thread has been dead for a bit, but I rode an XR1200 and absolutely loved it, for a harley anyway. If I were going to own another harley it would be a street rod. Those are getting hard to find these days.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hate to bring everything back to money, but the less you waste, the more toys you can have. That being said, Victorys (or should that be ies) tend to lose their value fast. I like the looks of several of their bikes, but I wouldn't consider a new one.

I have ridden the Vegas (the root of all their bikes, I believe) and was very impressed. It did make funny noises, but I understand that's normal for them. In any event, I hope you find the bike that's perfect for you. :)
Didn't have the "S" version, but I owned a Victory Hammer for 2 years. It's still my favorite bike I've owned. Styling, IMO, is worlds better than the Vrod, and I'll take it's handling over a Vrod everyday. Great torque, great looks. With some mods, the Hammer can be just as fast in a straight line as the Vrod (and you'll probably still have $$ left over vs. buying the Vrod), and have a better bike for cornering.

I picked my Hammer up used for $11,500 with 8K miles on it. Great value considering I sold it two years later for nearly the same $$.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I am just guessing at this, but V rod= a shit ton of money; aftermarket for HD= a shit ton of money. You are paying for the name more than anything, other than that, what is so apealing about HD?

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
you people need to actually check out the prices of the Vrod (particularly compared to the victory hammer (or vegas))

Harleys are not actually more expensive than COMPARABLE models from the competition

·
On'er Student.
69 Posts
I just posted in the "other cruisers" thread before I realized how diverse this discussion would be. I'm looking to pick up a cruiser to compliment my sport bike. Probably buy in October or November when there is a chance that I can at least ride it once or twice before winter storage. Anyway, looking for some advice because whatever I buy is going to have to be fun (obviously) but reasonable comfortable for my girlfriend on the back if we're just tooling around. The 600 isn't the best bike for sight seeing at 40mph and is a little taxed with two people.
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not buying just to have a two-person capable bike. I'm buying because I freaking love the way cruisers look and sound. but... it will unquestionably be carrying two people, at least half of the time, so it has to do that well. Any advice?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just posted in the "other cruisers" thread before I realized how diverse this discussion would be. I'm looking to pick up a cruiser to compliment my sport bike. Probably buy in October or November when there is a chance that I can at least ride it once or twice before winter storage. Anyway, looking for some advice because whatever I buy is going to have to be fun (obviously) but reasonable comfortable for my girlfriend on the back if we're just tooling around. The 600 isn't the best bike for sight seeing at 40mph and is a little taxed with two people.
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not buying just to have a two-person capable bike. I'm buying because I freaking love the way cruisers look and sound. but... it will unquestionably be carrying two people, at least half of the time, so it has to do that well. Any advice?
If looking for used : Honda Valkyrie.

·
Registered
43 Posts
PS Has anyone seen the Victory Hammer S? It is comparable to the V-Rod and is a bit less $ and looks great!
Love the Hammer. That and the Suzuki M109R2 are the only cruisers I might ever be interested in buying. I think they look pretty high tech for cruisers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
you people need to actually check out the prices of the Vrod (particularly compared to the victory hammer (or vegas))

Harleys are not actually more expensive than COMPARABLE models from the competition
I stopped by a Harley Dealer as part of charity poker run a week ago. I was actually surprised at the prices. Much lower than I ever expected. Still they make npthing that make it move for me. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
For anyone that hasn't riden a Vrod, hold your comments until you do. They are a nice machine, and one of the fastest, most powerful cruisers out there. 125hp and 80ft/lb of torque is nothing to sneeze at.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,883 Posts
I can only speak for the original V-Rods, but I didn't liked them.

I actually never rode one, but a guy in our group did. It wasn't that fast (it would pull the 600s from a start, but it couldn't hold a candle to 750+s), it couldn't corner as fast as our sport bikes (obviously, it was expected) but what really made all of us hate it was...

The small fuel tank. While our bikes had plenty of gas left the VRod was almost dry. I remember the tank being a few liters smaller than the average, but it also seemed to be a thirstier engine than the others.

I do like cruisers, but I would never own one. I think that a sport tourer, or even a sport bike (not an SS bike) can do everything better than a cruiser, except for looking good.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts