Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pros and cons for the HD V-Rod? My GF and I went in to the Harley Dealer to check out the V-Rod and she loved it and wants me to go that route. I checked insurance for it and it really is inexpensive compared to what I am considering...Any comments or complaints on the V-rod?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I've heard they're uncomfortable for the long haul. If you're looking for something to do lots of miles on, and your back is giving you problems (I got this from your other threads) then I think you might not want to go with a V-Rod. In my opinion, they're too much new for what they are. Don't get me wrong, I like Harley's -- primarily Evos though. And I like the V-Rod. But if I was only going to own one motorcycle, and wanted to do long trips now and then, it wouldn't be the one I'd get.

·
Lickalotapuss
2,859 Posts
Which models were you looking at? Many of the Vrods have forward controls...I know a couple of models over the years have had mid controls....I find those more comfortable for longer rides....but you might be able to swap.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
The V-rod is a solid mount and I for one found it quite comfortable at above 200 miles in one rental day. It has plenty of power and the new 1250 engine flat purrrrs. The 240 rear tire really made things nice and it isn't hard at all to tip it into a corner. If you are really looking to bury it into a set of twisties ground clearance is an issue but not a real problem. The new 2009 model can be had with pipes running on either side as opposed to both being on the right.

·
The American Stig!
317 Posts
Put some miles on a shop-bike Vrod. It was an original Vrod. I actually found it quite comfortable, and I normally don't like cruisers. I rode a couple Street Rod versions, and one Night Rod, and liked them as well.

If I were going to buy a cruiser, and I will be eventually, The Vrod and M109R are at the top of the list.

Also, the new Vrod Muscle is pretty awesome!

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Yeah , but why would someone ask about a Harley on a sport bike network :bitchslap, I guess you might find 1 or 2 folks that might say something pro Harley

:eatpop
I'm not sure if you noticed, but this is actually the "Sport Cruisers" section. You're clearly lost. The General Sportbikes section is here.

·
The American Stig!
317 Posts
Yeah , but why would someone ask about a Harley on a sport bike network :bitchslap, I guess you might find 1 or 2 folks that might say something pro Harley

I'm sure there are quite a few people here that have more than one bike. What's wrong with someone wanting a cruiser to back up their sport bikes?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I'm sure there are quite a few people here that have more than one bike. What's wrong with someone wanting a cruiser to back up their sport bikes?
Nothing, do you have one to comment on for this gentlemen, if so please do he's been waiting for months now

·
The American Stig!
317 Posts
Nothing, do you have one to comment on for this gentlemen, if so please do he's been waiting for months now
I did respond. See my comment above.

Here, I'll quote it.

sportrods said:
Put some miles on a shop-bike Vrod. It was an original Vrod. I actually found it quite comfortable, and I normally don't like cruisers. I rode a couple Street Rod versions, and one Night Rod, and liked them as well.

If I were going to buy a cruiser, and I will be eventually, The Vrod and M109R are at the top of the list.

Also, the new Vrod Muscle is pretty awesome!

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Your right I alway's go to the chevy.com site to get info on my ford

:cheers
I'm not sure if you know this, but many people buy more than one vehicle, either at the same time or at different times in their lives. On top of this, asking questions on multiple forums can give you more information than asking on one alone.

Wait. Never mind. I see that you're just trolling.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I'm not sure if you know this, but many people buy more than one vehicle, either at the same time or at different times in their lives. On top of this, asking questions on multiple forums can give you more information than asking on one alone.

Wait. Never mind. I see that you're just trolling.
Yeah and you had so much to offer to the OP, You being the Troll you are I expected no more, however I was making my thoughts clear on coming to a sport bike network to find out about a Harley, maybe this is the place you would suggest to do research but not I, If I have questions and concerns about buying a bike of any kind and or modifying said bike like my FJR I go to the FJR site's as I did with my previous FZ1 and so on........ anyway troll if it works for you then that's great

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah and you had so much to offer to the OP, You being the Troll you are I expected no more, however I was making my thoughts clear on coming to a sport bike network to find out about a Harley,
I came here because this is the SPORTCRUISERS section and it does list for the Warrior, M109R, V-Rod, VTX and I assume others in the class. Why do people have to be so petty about everything?

Beau

PS Has anyone seen the Victory Hammer S? It is comparable to the V-Rod and is a bit less $ and looks great!

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Yeah and you had so much to offer to the OP, You being the Troll you are I expected no more, however I was making my thoughts clear on coming to a sport bike network to find out about a Harley, maybe this is the place you would suggest to do research but not I, If I have questions and concerns about buying a bike of any kind and or modifying said bike like my FJR I go to the FJR site's as I did with my previous FZ1 and so on........ anyway troll if it works for you then that's great
And you've contributed exactly what? You don't even have a sport cruiser. GTFO.

And please, for the love of God, go back to school and take some English courses.

Have fun getting the last word in. Tools always have to.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I came here because this is the SPORTCRUISERS section and it does list for the Warrior, M109R, V-Rod, VTX and I assume others in the class. Why do people have to be so petty about everything?

Beau

PS Has anyone seen the Victory Hammer S? It is comparable to the V-Rod and is a bit less $ and looks great!
I never said this wasn't a great place to hang out at nor did I say it had nothing to offer, there is allot of info and informative people here, scissors failed someone due to their response of pro. vs con's. I was just stating this is a sport bike network and it may be expected, I generally go to a place where there is an abundance of info from several different users using the exact same thing, there I get the pro's-con's and the cost to modify those by folks that have already done their trial and error so to know basically what works and don't work.
Good luck with your search
:cheers

1 - 20 of 49 Posts