Sport Bikes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rubber Side Down.. ALWAYS
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have been looking at a throttle lock so i can make my long distance trips, and i have settled on the vista cruise i think the 2006 has a 7/8ths handelbar. any ideas i measured it and it looks right so when i order this thing i get it right the first time. any suggestions comments?

·
Registered
482 Posts
segue00 said:
+1, it won't work unless you do some mods to it. Looks like shit but thats just my opinion. I guess for the price it's Okay. I tried both the Vista and the Universal, ended up spending the extra on a Throttlemeister and do not regret it one bit, well worth the extra money.

I'm sure someone will chime in with the "o-ring" option soon, I think I'd go that route before I did the Vista or Universal. Get the TM!

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
The NEP is thinner, cheaper and functions exactly the same. Some think its not attractive enough, but it works great for me.

The throttlemeister seems like price overkill to me. The most I've ever paid for this feature is 14.95. And some say its easy to mistakenly move it with gloves on.

The o-ring (between the throttle and bar end) is by far the cheapest option but it's hard to manage with gloves on and has a tendency to slide off the bar end and into the wind sometimes.

·
Registered
482 Posts
jim schmidt said:
The NEP is thinner, cheaper and functions exactly the same. Some think its not attractive enough, but it works great for me.

The throttlemeister seems like price overkill to me. The most I've ever paid for this feature is 14.95. And some say its easy to mistakenly move it with gloves on.

The o-ring (between the throttle and bar end) is by far the cheapest option but it's hard to manage with gloves on and has a tendency to slide off the bar end and into the wind sometimes.
Brain fart... I meant to include the NEP in my original post, does not work either on the FZ6 unless you mod it it like the Vista /Universal.

Personally I find the TM very easy to operate, just need to make sure you set it up properly with the correct shims when installing.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
jim schmidt said:

I always heard the o-ring was placed between the throttle and the switchgear housing. There is no way to lose it in this location and it is easy to manage. The only thing to remember is this "Cruise control" is always ON. You have to close the throttle all the time. Kinda like the throttle friction screw on my BMW K bike...

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
Harleys have that too.

If you're gonna mod as you describe, why not just replace the return spring with a very weak one. This would seem to be a much easier mod and all sorts of replacment springs are available at the hardware store.

Heck, if you throttle is dual cable, you dont even need to do that, just disconnect it.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Harleys have that too.

If you're gonna mod as you describe, why not just replace the return spring with a very weak one. This would seem to be a much easier mod and all sorts of replacment springs are available at the hardware store.

Heck, if you throttle is dual cable, you dont even need to do that, just disconnect it.

Well I like to change as little as possible on the bike. That way if you wanted to take the bike back to stock, all you would need to do is to remove the o-ring.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Tour Guide said:
throttlemiester

I agree with Jim Schmidt, when he said, "price overkill to me."

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a Cramp Buster (http://www.crampbuster.com/) and am extremely pleased with it. Only cost $10-11. The models CB1 & CB2 fit our bike. I've had throttle locks on previous bikes but hardly ever used them due to the constant fine tuning needed when the terrain isn't flat. I was running around town prior to a trip to Daytona last month looking for the skinny CB1 model but could only find the wider CB2 one. Now I'm glad I got the wider one. It feels great and I keep it on all the time. I've got a fckd-up right hand with a couple of "10-year" plastic knuckle joints which have been in there for 13+ years now, so I try to baby them any way I can. Funny how some of the littlest things can make such a huge difference in terms of comfort.

L

·
Registered
482 Posts
rennsport said:
I agree with Jim Schmidt, when he said, "price overkill to me."
I disagree with rennsport when he said "I agree with Jim Schmidt, when he said, "price overkill to me."" :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts