• Dark Smoke

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a matte deep gray RF-1200 helmet. I am going to get a tinted visor but can't decide on the mirror or dark smoke. What do you all think would look better on the helmet? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like the look of the Iridium/mirrored visors, but on an overcast day it's almost too dark. I suspect the smoked visor would have a similar issue. If you're a Florida rider, perhaps not as much an issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the RF-1200 and I'm using the PHOTOCROMIC visor and it's AMAZING!!! That visor is the reason I got the Shoei in the first place, after being an Arai user for many, many years... I highly recommend it, even so it's a bit steep, you won't regret a bit!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I logged on to this just to say the same thing as Robert. I live fairly far from where I ride and being able to just use one visor and now having to worry about going clear at night is amazing.

·
Are we not men?
9,010 Posts
I used to have a light smoke visor on my helmet but because of work I often get off of work after dark and the light smoke was too dark. I've gone to a photochromatic shield for my Bell and love it. They are available even for Arai as a Pinlock insert, though they have to be ordered from European sources.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah I was looking at the bell helmet today but I still have a couple years before a change from my rf1200. No pinlock for the bell is a bummer though. Being in the country in south Dakota cold weather fogs the visor pretty easily without one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah I was looking at the bell helmet today but I still have a couple years before a change from my rf1200. No pinlock for the bell is a bummer though. Being in the country in south Dakota cold weather fogs the visor pretty easily without one.
If you really wanted a Bell (I never would), you could drill two holes and insert a pinloc; I did it for a friend on an obscure ROCKHARD AC/DC helmet and it turned-out to be perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts