Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riders!

I'm the inventor of InVision® Vision Enhancing Visor Inserts - and formerly produced the Fog City line of anti-fog visor inserts - the World's 1st Anti-Fog Visor Insert. My products are used right now in Formula One and MotoGP.

We are producing an extensive line of vision enhancing products incorporating best performing anti-fog - but also light reactive (Photo Chromic), tinted and polarized inserts and now a new "Under Tear Off" system soon to be released for on track use only.

See: www.invisionvisorinserts.com |

I've been producing these products since 1991 and am expert in this field. If any of you have questions on ANY visor system, whether it be InVision, Pinlock, ProGrip or Raleri - I'll be happy to provide an unbiased (TEST ME) evaluation of your concerns, thoughts or issues.

I'm here to help YOU! To prove it, we are now offering YOU a 25% discount on ANY InVision product - Exclusively for SBN subscribers! - USE DISCOUNT CODE INFB1 in the check out page to receive a one time 25% discount and FREE SHIPPING.

I hope to receive lots of questions so I can be of real value to this amazing community!

Cheers!

Richard Marlin

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Good to see!

I have a question. My HJC RPS-10 came with the Pinlock shield. It worked fantastically on my HJC CL-16, but on the RPS when on the track I can't get it to stay properly in place, and early in the morning I get nasty fogging and always have to readjust it. Any tips for proper placement?

Also, I didn't open the link (just came back from the track and am lazy and exhausted), care to expand on what the "Under Tear Off" is? The name has me thinking it is tear offs that go inside the shield, which seems counterintuitive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pinlock Adjustment Issues

T -

Thank you for reaching out to me. If I understand you correctly, you are having an issue with the pin lock insert staying in the correct position? Please note, the pins of the HJC RPS 10 should be eccentric, meaning they are designed to be rotated to adjust tension to the insert. Try rotating the eccentric pins so they turn toward the insert providing greater friction lock on the insert to help press it against the shield.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a typical issue with this system as it requires constant readjustment to ensure proper pressure against the shield. And as you already noticed, with out this tight fit against the shield you can get fogging between the lens and the insert - which can't be easily wiped away and persists even with forward movement.

When we were designing the new InVision® line (see www.invisionvisorinserts.com |) we determined that the better system was a semi-permanet adhesive gasket. once installed the insert is affixed to the shield and never needs adjustment. The gasket also ensures and proper moisture and dust seal so there is no water or dirt intrusion.

The "UTO" is a vision enhancing device that rests on the tear off posts beneath your normal tear offs. Check back with us in the coming weeks for product release details!

Hope this helps...

Rick

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
I definitely didn't know that! Thank you, I really do appreciate it! Your system sounds really far superior. I think the only drawback would be if you have multiple shields/helmets you can't switch around the thing. But heck, I don't switch my pinlock around my different pinlock capable shield anyways.

Once I get to racing and using tear offs, I'll definitely look into this! Keep me updated! Thank you!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm happy to have been of value. This is my intention - please spread the word? And yes, the idea of changing the lens seems to be more of an idea than a practice!

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts