Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let you guys know Frank and I will be at VIR on the 31st with TMP.

We'll be head up the night before.

:D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Have fun ya bastids!

I know I'll be at Summit that day returning to battle T1 after my defeat last year.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
My brother says he has an EZ-up that we can use. You might just want to bring a chair of some sort. I think my bro will be hanging out with us for the day so he can get a feel for the track day operations before he hits Summit Main next month with me. T minus 3 weeks!

Dan, Monday I left from home around 3 pm and went over to 29/9. There was a little gravel on 29 but 9 was perfect.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
yakky said:
Damn, I was hoping he had an RV or something. :) The EZ-up sounds good. I've got a few folding chairs I can bring out. His first day is going to be on Summit Main???

I was on 29/9 earlier in the day Monday, heck I made it home by 2! Gravel on 29 wasn't as bad as some of the roads on the way out. Traffic was NUTS in BS though I swear the Sheetz in Inwood is great entertainment. Everytime I stop there, some nutjob ends up talking to me.

Any chance either of you to want to do Keith Code's school with Tony and I on 9/20?

I would love to try Keith Codes' school but it's around my cousin's wedding in Nags Head. I'll try and work something out.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yakky said:
Damn balde, I just looked at Conerspeed, its $360. Code's is $395. For $35 you can hang with your hommies and learn from THEE man.
Well, if someone buys my old washer and drier I'll use the money for the track school. :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yakky said:
Me paying? I thought you were Mr Moneybags???? All those mods and won't pay up for some track schoolin'. :twofinger
Ok Mister I have three bikes and work for AOL. :twofinger I'm just a poor old military guy with one bike. :( :D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hey Dan.. do you use a trailer or just your truck? I might need some help loading and unloading my bike if you don't mind at the track.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Sweet, I got the truck just no ramps or good boards to load/unload. I took off July 30 Friday just to make sure I have a free day to finish up any loose ends. I'm almost ready other than oil change, coolant flush, tires and track plastic put on. We still have 3 weeks but damn I need to just track this bike and buy another fo da street. :D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
yakky said:
You ever get a tire changer? I need new rubber for the track but I've spent my "fun" money for the month. I still need to get some time to paint the plastic on it too. Damn deck building... a least I have all the footers dug.

Tire changer? I wish... I'm broke saving for a new truck and paying bills since the girlie took a pay cut with her new job. So $40 bones here and there is all I can manage until the season is over.. I hope you get some new rubber man before the TD. Old rubber I just don't trust.

I'd say F painting the plastics right now if you're not worried how they look. My plastics are scratched to hell just about everywhere. :nerd

I thought that deck of yours would be finished by now. :flipa

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I will take you up on the offer. Do you balance them also? Just curious...

Would you rather have me over during the week after work or this weekend? I'd like to have them on before the end of this week if possible. Saturday is my birfday so I most likely won't be around that day.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I gotta swap out the rear on the CBR sometime this week too man. I vow to put in some hours and get er back together by this saturday so I can scrub in the new tire in time for the track. Im on the waiting list so hopefully Im in. :flipa

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
speedracer69 said:
I gotta swap out the rear on the CBR sometime this week too man. I vow to put in some hours and get er back together by this saturday so I can scrub in the new tire in time for the track. Im on the waiting list so hopefully Im in. :flipa
Come on down with us to VIR. :D If my brother goes (he is trying to get the time off) he should have room in his truck for you. :D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
V V V said:
My brother says he has an EZ-up that we can use. .

Come to find out it's not an EZ-up but it is a canopy of some sort. Hopefully it'll work for us. 10x5 7' tall.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
yakky said:
Weekend is better. Sunday is cool. You got my celly right? I got a balancer too.

Perfect. Send me your # again. I think it's at home but I'm not sure where I put it. :nerd I'm pumped about changing the tires too, I've never done it before! :headbang

·
Registered
175 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
Come on down with us to VIR. :D If my brother goes (he is trying to get the time off) he should have room in his truck for you. :D
If there were a NESBA track day for the 8th Id be there man. Im not too sure Im gonna be allowed to run this weekend at Summit, Im still on the waiting list. But if I lug my bike out there Im F-in gettin on that track even if I need to sneak out there. :nerd

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
V V V said:
I'm pumped about changing the tires too, I've never done it before! :headbang
Went to Fairfax Cycles today and had them put on for $40. Now time to go scrub em' in. :leghump

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Damn Blade, hope you get the bike back in time for this weekend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts