Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I was expecting to hear John Goodman's voice...

Dry clutch is the rattling sound?

Sweet (painful to ride) looking bike, chief. Grats.

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that would be the dry clutch, it's not that uncomfortable to be honest. However, I haven't put too much seat time in.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Nice. That is my dream bike as well, although I will probably go with an 848 first from my SV650.

When the snow clears, film yourself accelerating away from the camera.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Still pretty bummed that I wasn't able to make it up to meet ya, man! :(

Helluva bike. I caught a glimpse of a smile as you walked away from it after firing her up, lol.

JUST got mine started for the first time since I finished reassembling it about a week ago (and replacing the battery). Gave me goosebumps when it roared to life (more like a giant sigh of relief, haha)....especially since it has been silent since September.

·
1st name basis with Death
2,350 Posts
Slay... where you at on milage???

Was the electrical recall done? The rear sprocket? Also a design flaw on the radiator mount... and make sure you take it to a Ducati tech right away and get the spring issue in the shifter linkage sorted out... otherwise it goes into your transmission and fucks your gears...

Awesome bike... also my dream bike, but these experiences took a little of the shine away for me... if you know about it in advance, it will save you a lot of stress, and a little money later...

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still pretty bummed that I wasn't able to make it up to meet ya, man! :(

Helluva bike. I caught a glimpse of a smile as you walked away from it after firing her up, lol.

JUST got mine started for the first time since I finished reassembling it about a week ago (and replacing the battery). Gave me goosebumps when it roared to life (more like a giant sigh of relief, haha)....especially since it has been silent since September.
Yea man, thanks again for helping me out with this bike. Well have to meet up sometime this summer an excuse for a road trip!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Slay... where you at on milage???

Was the electrical recall done? The rear sprocket? Also a design flaw on the radiator mount... and make sure you take it to a Ducati tech right away and get the spring issue in the shifter linkage sorted out... otherwise it goes into your transmission and fucks your gears...

Awesome bike... also my dream bike, but these experiences took a little of the shine away for me... if you know about it in advance, it will save you a lot of stress, and a little money later...
The electrical and gas tank recall have been done, not sure about the rad mount and the shift linkage though. Sounds scary lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jesus, I'm reading that most dealerships will replace the rad out of goodwill so I'll only pay labour. How did you end up paying 1500?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Yep @ Goodwill Warranty for radiator, since it's a known issue. They replaced mine with an updated 1198 unit and charged something like an hr and a half labor, IIRC.

DEFINITELY need to plan a road trip this summer. Been wanting to see what the roads north of Duluth and around the great lake/s in Canada have to offer. :)

·
1st name basis with Death
2,350 Posts
Jesus, I'm reading that most dealerships will replace the rad out of goodwill so I'll only pay labour. How did you end up paying 1500?
I didn't... but it was alot of fucking bullshit to get them to put it through warranty. Guess it wasn't a common problem when mine went. Glad to see that dealers are stepping up now.

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DEFINITELY need to plan a road trip this summer. Been wanting to see what the roads north of Duluth and around the great lake/s in Canada have to offer. :)
H-58 In Munising is an AWESOME road
, it's been called one of the best in the north. I wen't last year and LOVED it. It's right on the lake too, so it's a big camping area as well. Should get a SBN meetup going for that area.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts