Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the LSL streetbar with the bar end sliders. The sliders do not weigh the same as the stock bar ends. Now, and it doesn't really make sense to me, I'm getting a lot of vibration on the throttle grip and nothing on the left grip. I have the Pro-Grip gel grips installed as well. Should I only add weight to the right side or both sides?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
If you're getting vibration on only one side, you might also want to check to make sure the bars are centered in the clamp. You might need to move it slightly left or right. Of course, that may just make both sides vibrate.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Also check the the bars are properly (and equally) bolted down.

However, the brake fluid reservoir can change the mode of vibration on the right side - for the good or bad.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Just out of curiosity... I heard rumor that LSL wasn't selling the bar ends for our bikes anymore??? Maybe I was wrong. How do they compare in length to the stockers? They look like they might be considerably shorter.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice. Had to adjust the handlebars about 5mm to the left. Amazing what a diff that made. I made sure that all bolts were tightened as much as possible.

I cut about 2.5 inches off the sides to get the desired length I wanted, but they are about an inch wider that stock for overall length. I wouldn't suggest going any shorter as my brake mount is just past the bend in the bar. The barend sliders that I got are def not the same weight as the stock, but since I readjusted the bars to almost perfect center, the vibration is not there. Plus, I installed the Pro-Grip gel grips, so that helped as well.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the bars and the new riding positon. My next step is changing the rearset, but it's a question over price vs adjustability. The fixed sets are cheaper, but the adjustable, well they speak for themselves.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Did you make sure that nothing hits especially the levers at full turn? Your fingers also needs clearance that it doesn't touch any of the farings/windshield/mirror stem, etc. Reason is that at tight and slow maneuvering, especially in trying to walk the bike, that brake lever can lock and down she goes.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
segue00 said:
Did you make sure that nothing hits especially the levers at full turn? Your fingers also needs clearance that it doesn't touch any of the farings/windshield/mirror stem, etc. Reason is that at tight and slow maneuvering, especially in trying to walk the bike, that brake lever can lock and down she goes.

No doubt about that! Been there, done that... twice! :urowned My levers clear, but my fingers don't. :rolleyes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts