Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have an 05 FZ6 and have notice that there's a vibrating noise between 7,500 to 8,500 rpm. It doesn't seem to matter what gear, and when I go over or below that range it disappears. I have NO idea where it's coming from, engine, or something else. I think it's around the engine area though... Has anyone else noticed anything like this. I won't take it to the stealership just for this since I don't notice anything that sounds likes it's breaking and don't notice a performance problem so if anyone has some worthwhile input please share.
I guess on the bright side, if I get some new pipes I won't here it. I have seen a lot of posts about new pipes, what's the most economical though?

Rob

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I think I hear it coming from the Search function...

But really, it's been discussed. But for me, it was the clutch lever rattling.

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
yup clutch lever. just pull it in a little and noise will stop. think it is the slack in the line vibrating in the metal tube.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, I'll give the clutch lever (and search) a try. Thanks.

·
Registered
777 Posts
The radiator shroud also 'floats', not solid mounted. I think vibration comes from there too. Even with my loud exhaust I can still hear buzzing coming from somewhere. It now feels like underseat buzz.
I know there is a buzz between my ears. :slaugh

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Salmiester said:
Binary Jay said:
I think I hear it coming from the Search function...
:eek:nfloor your such a smart ass :lao
Thanks, it does come quite naturally.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I cut a plastic shim from a soda bottle and used it to fill the space between the clutch lever and lever housing. Have not had the rattle since.

·
WYPIWYG
497 Posts
I have a rattling noise. Only when I am pushing it through the gears and I also don't hear it until about 8K or so. Wanted to post a question as to what it might be but someone beat me to it. It sounds like it is coming from the engine.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Kenfz6 said:
I cut a plastic shim from a soda bottle and used it to fill the space between the clutch lever and lever housing. Have not had the rattle since.
Nice, I've tried a couple of things to shim it but couldn't find anything that worked well. Not sure why I didn't think of a soda bottle. :bitchslap I'll try that tonight!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Either the noise is ging away or I'm just getting used to it. When it does happen I tried pulling in the clutch a little and it goes away. It must have something to do with the little play that I have. It doesn't affect my ride so I don't mind

1 - 12 of 12 Posts