Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
IM A BAD ASS WITH A STICK
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: hey guys i just need to vent a bit..the shop called me today and told me that my parts are going to be more expensive the we 1st talked.....in stead of $140.00 and an hour labor its gonna be $340.00 and 2 1/2 hours labor..... :angry :mad: im thinkin about doing it my self and saving $300.00 and will only take me an hour to do...thanks for listening to me bitch :hshot

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Did they just screw up an estimate or is there more work/parts that are needed? If they just screwed up an estimate and you have it in writing, hold them to it. If the job grew, ouch. Do it yourself it you can. Can you really do it in one hour while they want to charge 2.5?

I've found a couple of good independent shops that only charge you for the time they work on your bike. It helps especially since their hourly rate is less than the dealer's.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
If you have the time and know how to do it I say go for it and save money or use the money for more parts.

·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there trying to tell me that i need more parts...i had it inspected before i took it to them so i know what was wrong with it..i know how to work on bikes just dont really have the time with school...but to save 300 bones im gonna make some time and prolly will take me a little more then an hour but 2.5 hours is a little outta hand exspecially at $60 an hour

·
Registered
519 Posts
always work on your own stuff...you learn about it (if you dont know already) and its free

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Hard to tell if it is expensive, specially without knowing what they are going to do to the bike?

·
Registered
981 Posts
ask them in detail what exactly is costing more and what more do they have to do that originally planned. they they give u the run around, do it urself

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
you have to give um some credit, they did call. They could of just gone ahead and did the job and still chrged you an arm and a leg.

Those are the kind of things that I always run into. That's why I do the work myself. Ikk to stealerships :mad:

·
Registered
197 Posts
The bike shops over here suck bigtime ... most of the mechanics dont have a clue. I dont trust my life to them .. they're only interested in getting the bikes in & out asap to make as much money as possible.

I do all the work on my bike .. I even rebuilt the top end last christmas (rings, valves etc). My dad was a mechanic though so I've been tinkering with bikes & cars since I can remember.

I dont think I could afford the bike if I had to pay someone everytime something went wrong with it.

Whats wrong with your bike?

·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not like you guys care but i ended up letting them fix the 6 they came down on the parts and labor for me...i didnt have enough time to do it my self cuz of school and stuff but i got them to get rid of the stock tail, make me a bracket for the license plate, put on some flush mounts in the back and give me an oil change should be done this week....WOOO HOOO :smokin ill be glad to get back on the road

·
Registered
503 Posts
Damn dude that stuff is easy! I could see getting the oil changed so you don't have to deal with storing and getting rid of the oik properly, but the other stuff is easy!

Hey, as long as it gets done, right? ;) Congrats!

·
Registered
681 Posts
pmoney said:
not like you guys care but i ended up letting them fix the 6 they came down on the parts and labor for me...i didnt have enough time to do it my self cuz of school and stuff but i got them to get rid of the stock tail, make me a bracket for the license plate, put on some flush mounts in the back and give me an oil change should be done this week....WOOO HOOO :smokin ill be glad to get back on the road
You PAID a shop to do that? BWaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

·
Registered
143 Posts
taziscool said:
You PAID a shop to do that? BWaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

A rich student is what I'm thinking Taz :lol I get pissed when I have to pay someone to mount rubber for me, cause I don't want to buy the equipment to do it myself.

·
Banned
912 Posts
What's wrong with the bike?

·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
marsolais said:
What's wrong with the bike?
some thing went wrong with the stator/alternator whatever the hell its called and that caused the rotor inside or somethign to get screwed up.(im not to sure what everything is called sorry if i sound like an idiot) i go to school monday thru friday and i dont know much about the mechanics of a bike so i guess it was best to let them do it...the other stuff like the flush mounts and the tail i figured since it was there i would just let them do it instead of me doing it cuz im lazy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts