Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Billboard) -- Van Halen is suing the Baltimore Orioles for at least $2 million in damages, charging that the Major League Baseball team reneged on an offer for the band to play a concert September 2 at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

The suit -- filed August 10 in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles -- states that Orioles director of entertainment Don Mark, under the instruction of Orioles owner Peter Angelos, first contacted Van Halen's reps at the William Morris Agency in mid-April about playing at the stadium.

According to the suit, "Van Halen was ambivalent about playing at the time requested by the Orioles," because the band would be performing in the southern United States, and playing Baltimore would "necessitate changing the tour routing previously planned."

The suit also notes that Van Halen was at the time engaged in a tour of mostly arenas, but "the Orioles insisted that they could more than compensate Van Halen for the expense and inconvenience scheduling the concert would cause."

According to court papers, the Orioles around April 27 made an offer in writing for $1 million, which the band rejected. The Orioles came back with an offer of $1.5 million, plus 80 percent of ticket revenues and 80 percent of gross merchandise revenues, plus a budget for expenses and a non-compete provision that prohibited Van Halen from performing in other venues in the vicinity of Baltimore.

The papers say that after numerous communications between the parties, Van Halen accepted the offer in mid-June. Van Halen began making preparations for a September 2 concert at Oriole Park; the band claims it terminated any efforts to book another venue in the area, changed the dates of other scheduled concerts and did not pursue other opportunities.

The suit says that the Orioles in mid-July "repudiated the agreement, first by refusing to communicate or cooperate with Van Halen, and then expressly in a letter dated July 26 ... refusing to perform its obligations thereunder."

Mark told Billboard he had "no comment whatsoever" on the Van Halen situation. Van Halen attorney Howard E. King of King, Holmes, Paterno & Berliner in L.A., also declined to comment.

·
Registered
205 Posts
hehe. the orioles are in deep kaka

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
a million and a half a show, plus 80 and 80?! No wonder Eddie is always smiling on stage...........

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I miss diamond dave.......

·
Registered
753 Posts
R1Elvis said:

Too bad hes a fuckin nut now. I never liked cabo wabo toolbag, its not even Van Halen its Van Haggar(sic?) screw them. There headlining here at the orleans arena where i work and even with discounted tickets I still won't pay to see them.

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BadNatured said:
Too bad hes a fuckin nut now. I never liked cabo wabo toolbag, its not even Van Halen its Van Haggar(sic?) screw them. There headlining here at the orleans arena where i work and even with discounted tickets I still won't pay to see them.
I am going to that show mang..... I also work for coast mang.....I did buy the discount tickets mang..... We have a las vegas riders area mang......... check it out, its all local vegas riders. Intorduce yourself.

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106

·
Registered
753 Posts
R1Elvis said:
I am going to that show mang..... I also work for coast mang.....I did buy the discount tickets mang..... We have a las vegas riders area mang......... check it out, its all local vegas riders. Intorduce yourself.

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106
No offense, I just dont like sammy haggar. I think hes a chump. So is eddie van halen but luckily he doesn't showboat so much.

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BadNatured said:
No offense, I just dont like sammy haggar. I think hes a chump. So is eddie van halen but luckily he doesn't showboat so much.
I dont like him either dude. I like Diamond Dave. My point is though that any chance to see Eddie Van Halen live, take it, regardless of the singer. :)

·
Banned
436 Posts
I didnt know bands made so much for a single show. I like Van Halen but sounds pretty greedy for how much they want to play one show.

·
Registered
402 Posts
R1Elvis said:
Yep, I have tried to get into Van Hagar, but Dave's voice was Van Halen IMO.
Panama...rocking, gotta be a top 10 all time best ROCK song.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I like Sammy on his own back in the day.
But that whole late 80's-90's Van Halen thing was really prety toothless.

Van Halen used to be the concert your mother wouldn't let you go see. Now it's the concert she has tickets to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts