Sport Bikes banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
EET FUK
2,335 Posts
well i def shop around im sure my dad could check them for me hes been a mechanic forever

·
Registered
929 Posts
hell my bike swallowed a valve @ 10,025 miles talkin a pain in the @ss luckly found a good used motor with low miles.If you have doubt dont hesitate to take it in, better to spend the dealers fee of less than 350 than 1500 for a new motor or a top end

·
EET FUK
2,335 Posts
i dont think theres anything wrong with my bike valve wise...idk how you swallowed a valve...i thought these motors were damn near bulletproof thats the first time ive heard of that happening with this motor

·
Registered
499 Posts
My dads Vulcan 800 classic dropped a valve, blew the cylinder apart. Kawasaki paid for most of the new engine...but 86,000miles later..bike still runs strong..so if anything that bad happens, bitch to the manufacturer (or have the dealer do it) and you'll get it fixed for a whole lot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Hey guys,

I had a question on valve adjustment on the zzr's. Ive got 8600 miles on my 05 ZZR. I Bought it at 8000 miles on the odo for 4900. But the thing is there werent any maintanence records for the bike that he kept and he was the second owner. Should i go and get the valve adjustment done just to be safe? I changed all the fluids about 2 days after purchasing the bike. It just sparked my attention about doing a valve adjustment at 7k miles as routine maint. Bike runs and pulls strong. No weird noises, leaks, etc. Those of you that have reached the 7k mark, have you done them yet?

Any input will be appreciated! :headbang
had mine done at 12000 miles and they were all in spec. I wouldnt worry about it yet.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Whoever is asking about it, just take it to the dealer if it's under warranty and have them check it... some will go 5k some will go 30k without any movement out of spec, and no matter how many of each people there are, you're not one of them... a check is just that, a check to see if there's something wrong... I'm taking it to the dealer come springtime as it's still under warranty and I'll hit that 7.5k mark (I think that's what manual says) so they can check everything around the bike

21 - 27 of 27 Posts