Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proves week after week why he is the best in the world at what he does. AMAZING race yesterday!! It was good to see the ol Rossi Biaggi rivalry back there for a bit :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
BluFireF4 said:
Proves week after week why he is the best in the world at what he does. AMAZING race yesterday!! It was good to see the ol Rossi Biaggi rivalry back there for a bit :)
+1

I loved the Biaggi Rossi stuff and also Marco Melandri letting everyone know he is still in the hunt. Some of the best vid in the race came from Biaggi's bike when Melandri and Rossi were swapping leads midway through the race. Great stuff

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definatly..

I cant wait till next week now..

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
My friend (who has a r1) says the M-1 is the best bike ever made I tried to explain to him that its more one of the best riders (if not the best rider)ever and a somewhat conpetitive bike. What do you guys think.
The RC is supposed to be better, but the M1 has definitley improved with the feedback from Rossi/Edwards and increased development. Don't forget how important a rider is to the setup of a bike. If the rider can't communicate effectively to his crew, the chief mechanic may as well ride it.

·
Registered
775 Posts
MAGNUM636 said:
The RC is supposed to be better, but the M1 has definitley improved with the feedback from Rossi/Edwards and increased development. Don't forget how important a rider is to the setup of a bike. If the rider can't communicate effectively to his crew, the chief mechanic may as well ride it.
I would agree with that...

You can also just look at the current rankings. Seems like you could make an argument that the RC is better than the Yamaha. And then you could argue that Rossi is definitely one of the best ever. Now lets put Rossi on a Suckzuki and see if he can still get on the podium...hmm that gives me an idea for a new thread.

1. Yamaha
2. Honda
3. Honda
4. Honda
5. Honda
6. Yamaha
7. Honda
8. Ducati
9. Kawasaki
10. Ducati

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Now lets put Rossi on a Suckzuki and see if he can still get on the podium...
That's about the only way he'll be challenged after he cleans up again this year.

·
voted for an American
4,580 Posts
That would be fun to watch rossi on a GSVR but I think he has a contract with yamaha so that won't happen. Maybe suzuki would ditch roberts since he has been a back marker for the past few seasons and hopkins shows potential but the consistency is not there. He can be in the top 5 for half a race but then somehow he tends to finish the race in 10-15th place.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
I think you could put Rossi on an 80cc kiddie bike and still win

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is there anything Rossi can't win on?

Indy debacle last week aside, I think the most exciting moments Rossi has left are in Formula 1 when he finally makes the jump. Other than that, he's got no challenge.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rossi will not be making the jump to F1..

Valentino Rossi, no fan of the pre-race press conference, enlivened the Assen Q&A session by announcing that there was no way he would be going to Formula1. When asked how he saw his future in F1, he replied. "I don't see any future, I'll be staying in bike till I quit. I can't remember the last time I watched an F1 race. I don't see the way the sport is that I would get any satisfaction from it. The only thing the drivers do is drive the car to the start line." Ouch!

Rossi, whose contract with Yamaha is up the end of the year, reckoned that he would go for one-year contracts from here on in

"The thing that I like is developing a bike and winning with it and the team. When I stop enjoying that, then I'll quit and go for a quiet life. I know I tried rally driving but to go from the ultimate in two-wheeled technology to a Fiat Punto isn't that appealing either, to be honest." Rossi - bikes or nothing? Oh yes and after the press conference he took his scooter out and wheelied the entire length of the Assen circuit, all 5,997 metres of it. For the hell of it, one imagines and, of course, because he can.

http://www.superbike.co.uk/content/report_614.htm

·
Registered
145 Posts
Don't forget about his teammate, Colin Edwards. I couldn't wait to hear the post-race interview, he never BS's anything.

·
Banned
5,056 Posts
I'll be first to say that I thought the race at Assen was rather boring! Not due to the riders but due to the track. Just my opinion ofcourse but it was a boring track 2 watch be raced. When I look at the map of the track I dont see why I don't really like it but hmm it was boring, and I have thought all the previous tracks to be very exciting.

Onsubject anywae... VALenTINO!!!! Soon as I saw the thread tittle I thought "....Is King" It'll be interesting when they go to 800s.... Seeing how all the riders fair on their new bikes.... Im sure rossi will stick arond for atleast 2 years of that because of the new challenge.... Dencoucning F1.. wow... not so much in shock he decided not to go but the way he said it and how he bassicly said 4 wheel racing is lame to him....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts