Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last 19 years were in NW Houston, and I just recently decided to go to UT at Austin. I had a 500r a couple years back before I dedicated my funds to a new project with more wheels. Well I'm back in the game, and have been looking for a suitable bike all summer. Just found and checked out a 97 YZF, it has higher miles and I want to take it by a competent Yamaha shop/dealer[if they exist] before I make any final moves. Anyone that wants to help/even check it out with me can email me [at [email protected]]. This will be my first 600 and first time to ride in almost 2 years, I can't wait although preloading the tranny for that good ol' 1:2 shift on the yammie will take some practice. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for the info. I live in dobie right now, do you park a long 21st in front of the tower? If so, I think I may have seen your bike already. I'll try to look up that shop and get the number for it. There are so many more sportbikes here than in summer school, it has got me even more pumped up!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I started out with a YZF600 and you really can't go wrong with it. It's a great little bike. I put about 8000 miles on mine and never had a problem (except when it got cold, she was hard to start, but it was just carb tuning). If you don't mind me asking, what are they looking to get out of it and what condition is it in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.