Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Just another n00b
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a apartment nearcampus now, and I decided not to get my phone service hooked up. The reason is because I'm with AT&T cellular, so I figured I didn't need a home phone. Anyways I don't have internet access now, but I was curious to know if I could use a Linksys USB Bluetooth adapter ( http://www.linksys.com/products/pro...cid=38&prid=581 ) on my desktop to connect to my cell phone. I was hoping to use it as a link to access my dial up internet service.

Anyone have any ideas if this will work? I was only planning on using it at nights when I have free nights and weekend minutes.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I think my brother mentioned something to me the other day about with some cell phone services you can get a cable that attaches to a labtop and it feeds off of the signal of your cell phone for something like 20 bucks a month or some crap...

·
Registered
981 Posts
yeah, if ur phone has the option for an internet connection, itll work. just get the cable/software and ull be set. (just be weary that it uses minutes).

u could also try to tap a wireless connection at ur complex, but that's proved difficult for me cuz of the insanely thick brick walls :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts