Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or is their a "glut" of used bikes on the market driving down values? What are your recent experiences with re-sale and used bike purchases?

I had my '98 Honda blackbird for sale which made me start looking around at other bikes for sale to compare values. I've found numerous bikes for sale at outstanding prices. One of these examples is the '04 ZX-10R listed in the SBN classifieds. This guy plopped 14K into his bike and re-sold at $7500.00.

Another example is a 04 Honda CBR1000RR listed on ebay with a buy-it now price of $3300.00. This can't be legitimate, but how are they able to scam even a moran. If it were a "fire sale", why wouldn't the seller just roll it over to his local dealer?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=49999&item=4556436098&rd=1

With prices like these out there, whats the point of trying to sell. Whats $3300? Leave it in the garage for the occasional use.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm asking $6500 for my 01 Gixxer 1k, with some accessories...no offers? I don't think I'm asking too much. :angry

It blue books at $6500 and I'm throwing in about $6-700 worth of stuff, not a single reply....

So I guess I agree, wtf :flipa

$3500 :pisson

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's all a buyer's market right now for used. People are going through bikes like disposable underwear because they can... I bought my SV a year ago for 2000, sold it for 3300, and bought a 954 for 6k. I could sell it for 6500 right now probably and buy a different bike. I'm not going to.

I think it's all the wicked financing deals on new bikes. People just want to get rid of their two-year-old bikes for new ones at $49 a month. Sucks for everyone who is selling a bike they got new up to three years ago. You ride it for two years and sell it for half the price.

I'll be honest though, it sure helps us poor college kids :)

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I think it depends on the type of bike and condition. Around here to find a good 600rr for under $6500 took awhile for me.

·
Registered
488 Posts
yea I see cheap bikes everywhere too.. great for cheap/broke collge kids like above.. shitty for re-sellers though.. Havent decided whats gonna happen when I decide to sell my bike yet..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts