Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm thinking about purchasing a slight project bike and would like some advice on if it would be a good choice.

The bike is a 1995 Suzuki rf600r with 33k miles and is in perfect condition except for the transmission. The transmission will not shift into 2nd gear. How much should I offer the guy or should I just stay clear of the deal?

I really want a bike and wouldn't mind a winter project (there isn't much to do during Wisconsin winters). I had a ninja 250 five years ago during highschool and now that college is over with its time to get back on the road.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Find out if parts are available to fix it. RF's have been out of production for a long time. That means any parts that was last used in the RF600 is not likely to be available.

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
Walk away. There are a ton of bikes that have working transmissions with less mileage. Transmission work can be a headache and frankly, there were not that many of those bikes sold and as someone mentioned, getting parts for the bike will be a PITA.

If you want that genre then my suggestion is a FZR600 or CBR600 of similar years. Tons of parts, both crash well and should be bloody inexpensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts