Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the carbs from my 2000 ninja 500r and now that I have it back on, I didn't label the hoses that go to the gas tank (dummy). There are 3 total that come from the carbs that i don't know where they go. 1 is from the top rail between the carbs, 1 is from the bottom rail from between the carbs and one comes from right in from of the left carb between the carb and engine. The tube in front of the right carb goes to my thermostat. Please post if anyone knows which goes where!!! Thanks

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
i would suggest highly taking it to a kawi dealer. i had a 250, but i didn't have it long enough to do stuff to it other than changing the oil...

·
Registered
968 Posts
Lower rail connection - Fuel. Upper rail - vent. The third I'm not sure what you are refering to. Post up on ex500riders.com and someone will hook you up with any info you need. Sorry couldn't be of more help.

·
second chimp in space
3,344 Posts
I'm not sure what third tube you're talking about, but the only one left (that oni didn't mention) is the vacuum for the petcock. So there are two tubes going to the petcock: a larger one for the fuel, and a smaller one for the vacuum. Fuel goes from bottom of carbs, and vacuum I think goes from a nipple on top of one of the carbs, but I may be wrong on that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the 3rd one from the carb I mentioned is the one you're referring to enos. Thanks Oni and enos for your info. I think I'm gonna swing by the Kawasaki dealershi and verify....hopefully they have a 500r...but you guys have helped me a bunch , thank you very much.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Also, the service manual will have all the hose routing, electrical diagrams, etc, and is worth having. You ought to get yourself a copy.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
where abouts in KC are you? I live in KC also and may be able to help you out.

·
Registered
968 Posts
heretic976 said:
Well I hooked them up and VOILA!! The ninja is alive!! Thanks guys!!
:smilierr

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm up north, around I-29 and barry road. Took my 1st ride tonight..WOW was it fun..little scary at times but I feel much more comfortable after on it for a couple hours.

·
second chimp in space
3,344 Posts
Congrats! Nothing like getting to know your bike by taking it apart and seeing how it works...

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you have an owner's manual...you should anyways...look in it.It is always the best way to solve any problem. :02mgp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts